Quality Control Technical Expert (Microbiology)
Today Lonza is a global leader in life sciences. We are more than 15,000 employees in more than 100 locations around the world. While we work in science, there’s no magic formula to how we do it. Our greatest scientific solution is talented people working together, devising ideas that help businesses to help people. In exchange, we let our people own their careers. Their ideas, big and small, genuinely improve the world. And that’s the kind of work we want to be part of.
The Quality Control Technical Expert (Microbiology) implements and executes activities in the Quality Control (QC) department in the broadest sense while ensuring compliance with all existing GMP and safety standards. You act as a contact person in complex issue handling and complex activity performance which requires knowledge and skills in the applicable expertise branch. As a Technical Expert Microbiology you will be required to apply scientific skills, knowledge and experience to provide advice and propose improvements where required. You will act as a representative of the QC department for microbiological topics with close collaboration with QC and manufacturing during team meetings, Quality Councils, client meetings if applicable. The position needs to thoroughly understand the activities linked to the applicable expertise, risk analysis, method implementation and other QC related issues in his/her branch.
The technical Expert Microbiology will generate, review and approve QC documents and acts as expert for microbiology during internal and external audits and inspections.
- Good knowledge and experience of Microbiological techniques
- Good understanding and execution of microbiological and environmental monitoring analysis e.g. bioburden, water sampling and testing
- As a technical expert you are expected to provide input for problem-solving of issues within your branch
- You are continuously educating and increasing the knowledge in your branch
- The Technical expert comes with improvements and ideas to increase efficiency and quality
- As a technical expert you are aware about the applicable guidelines and very knowledgeable about the in and outs of your branch
- Proactive follow-up on development activities within the applicable discipline as well building up and sharing of knowledge within the QC department
- Interface with QC employees and contract labs as necessary to identify possible improvements and assess implementation with Manager QC
- To advise on and ensure generation, review and approval of QC documents in coordination with other departments and in accordance with cGMP
- Provide input in risk analysis for assessments where microbiological input is required
- Suggesting and implementing process, planning and training improvements
- Perform other duties with respect to the field of microbiology as assigned
- Broad understanding of pharmaceutical microbiology test methods, for a wide range of customer matrices
- Practical experience, working with bacteria, fungi, yeasts and algae, is essential to allow the application of skills and knowledge in the workplace
- Good inter-personal skills to communicate effectively with a range of contacts within the team, multi-departmental and through direct communication with project managers or clients
- Good organisational and planning skills are required to ensure that pieces of work are completed and reported by agreed deadlines
- Thoroughness, Initiative, Critical Information seeking, Results orientation, Analytical thinking, Ability to Learn are competencies required for this role
Every day, Lonza’s products and services have a positive impact on millions of people. For us, this is not only a great privilege, but also a great responsibility. How we achieve our business results is just as important as the achievements themselves. At Lonza, we respect and protect our people and our environment. Any success we achieve is no success at all if not achieved ethically.
People come to Lonza for the challenge and creativity of solving complex problems and developing new ideas in life sciences. In return, we offer the satisfaction that comes with improving lives all around the world. The satisfaction that comes with making a meaningful difference.