United States, Williamsport (Pennsylvania)
What makes YOU different?
Lonza Specialty Ingredients (LSI) combines technological innovation with world class manufacturing and process excellence. Specialty Chemical Services provides solutions for composite materials and processing additives for technically demanding industries, such as electronics, transportation and aerospace. We also provide performance intermediates & chemicals for many industrial applications, such as agro intermediates, food & feed ingredients, cosmetics, non-current good manufacturing practices (non-cGMP) intermediates, and custom development & manufacturing.
LSI is looking for a Production Leader for our Williamsport, PA plant.
- Plans and organizes the work of multiple production lines across multiple shifts to assure cost effective, on-time manufacturing of quality products.
- Provide leadership and development for operator and professional level positions across multiple shifts to achieve improvements in throughput, quality, safety, and efficiency.
- Manufacturing representative to Business Unit; ensuring staffing levels, equipment configuration, process technology and production priorities support the business direction in an optimum fashion.
- Ensure continuous improvements are made across all aspects of dept. (cost, waste, quality, training, equipment, etc.).
- Coordinate and integrate with other functional areas in the plant to constantly improve overall plant operation.
- Direct Reports -20-60 unionized and/or non-union employees on a four shift production operation
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Preferred area of study: Chemical Engineering & or Manufacturing Environment
- BS: 8-10 years’ experience (Chemical Engineering)
- MS: 5-8 years’ experience (Manufacturing Environment).
- Excellent computer knowledge about Word, Excel, and PowerPoint. SAP, RS3
- Good Communication skills both verbal and written
A major part of the heritage of LSI is being able to deliver unique solutions to its customers. Being the driving force behind this approach – listening, asking, understanding to match the right elements in a new way has been an inherent part of our day-to-day business. Always with the goal to enable a competitive advantage for each customer with a specific product, package or solution.
Lonza is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a qualified individual with disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.