Associate Director, Digital Portfolio Testing & Release
Singapore, Tuas Singapore
United Kingdom, Slough
United States, Portsmouth (New Hampshire)
Today, Lonza is a global leader in life sciences operating across three continents. While we work in science, there’s no magic formula to how we do it. Our greatest scientific solution is talented people working together, devising ideas that help businesses to help people. In exchange, we let our people own their careers. Their ideas, big and small, genuinely improve the world. And that’s the kind of work we want to be part of.
Growth expectation in Operations and the future challenges can only be adequately addressed by applying new digital solutions.
This position will identify, initiate, manage and coordinate digital projects to enable digital transformation in the testing and release of GMP products. With creating priorities and aligning digital transformation roadmaps across selected divisions (Commercial, R&D, MSAT, Operation, QA/QC, …) it will drive significant value in Lonza’s future digitally optimized factories.
This position will establish interdisciplinary Strategy and Roadmaps, continuously anticipate changes in the digital environment and initiate, manage and coordinate digital PoCs (Proof of Concepts) as part of the Digital Testing & Release Roadmap.
- Develop a holistic Strategy for Testing and Release for chemical and biological production processes in close collaboration with the relevant stakeholders
- Collect and assess internal needs and pain points in testing & release of product based on criticality, scalability and potential improvement.
- Establish and continuously verify the Digital Testing & Release roadmap in close collaboration with the key stakeholders
- Ensure digital programs and PoC’s are linked to Group Operations and Divisional strategies and desired outcomes and metrics
- Actively scout for new technologies (in analytical testing, automation, batch release, environmental and utility controls, etc)
- Identify and engage external technology suppliers, academia and start-ups that can advance the Lonza digital ambition in alignment with Operation, CDO, OT and IT
- Identify the technology gaps in operations and create a digital pipeline funnel of strategic PoC’s (Proof of concept)
- Define, design, and execute “Proof of concepts” to verify the value of new digital technologies
- Plan/lead programs, reviews and briefings; identify and report on issues or related problems and potential risks
- Manage projects’ status, progress reporting, risks/issues, and continuous improvement
- Extensive background in the pharmaceutical/biotech industry
- Progressive career in Quality Assurance/Quality Control
- Previous experience leading digital projects in a changing and growing business environment
- Experience in PAT (Process Analytical Technology), QbD (Quality by design) and new QC analytical technologies
- Affinity for digital topics with understanding of the implementation of new, innovative technologies in pharmaceutical environment
- Capable of acting as a project manager for relevant digital pilots and program manager for operational, digital programs in the area of “Testing & Release”
- Analytical ability to create business case for new digital technologies, and understand where risks may arise
- Has an influential attitude and is used to act as a powerful change agent
- Positive and target oriented mindset with a strong approach to deliver
- Able to develop strategies and translate them into executable roadmaps
- Able to collaborate and communicate with a variety of stakeholders, ensuring that all stakeholders have appropriate information in a timely manner
Every day, Lonza’s products and services have a positive impact on millions of people. For us, this is not only a great privilege, but also a great responsibility. How we achieve our business results is just as important as the achievements themselves. At Lonza, we respect and protect our people and our environment. Any success we achieve is no success at all if not achieved ethically.
People come to Lonza for the challenge and creativity of solving complex problems and developing new ideas in life sciences. In return, we offer the satisfaction that comes with improving lives all around the world. The satisfaction that comes with making a meaningful difference.