Associate Director, Digital Portfolio Technology Transfer and Testing
United Kingdom, Slough
United States, Portsmouth (New Hampshire)
Today Lonza is a global leader in life sciences. We are more than 15,000 employees in more than 100 locations around the world. While we work in science, there’s no magic formula to how we do it. Our greatest scientific solution is talented people working together, devising ideas that help businesses to help people. In exchange, we let our people own their careers. Their ideas, big and small, genuinely improve the world. And that’s the kind of work we want to be part of.
Growth expectation in Operations and the challenge of significant COGS (Cost of goods sold) reduction can only be adequately addressed by applying new digital simulation and modelling technologies. Different digital technologies enable an increase of throughput while decrease COGS. This position will identify, initiate, manage and coordinate digital projects. With creating priorities and aligning roadmaps across selected Divisions it will drive significant value from Lonza’s future digitally optimized factories.
- Collect and assess future Technology Transfers, identify TT for pilots based on criticality, scalability and potential value.
- Establish and continuously verify a roadmap for Digital TT and define, design, and execute the process to identify and advance significant digital initiatives.
- Ensure digital program initiatives and pilots are linked to Group Operations and Divisional strategies and desired outcomes and metrics.
- Evaluate the business potential of proposed PoC (Proof of concept) ensuring selected will provide the highest value for LPBN Ops.
- Manage projects’ status, progress reporting, risks/issues, scheduling, quality, and continual improvement.
- Plan/lead program reviews and briefings; identify and report on issues or related problems and potential risks.
- Create plans and processes required to meet all performance, schedule, quality, cost, and security requirements.
- Connect digital pilots with existing target architecture, and proactively communicate with Divisional Operation, Sales & Marketing, functional excellence, Global Engineering/SGI and R&D to ensure no duplication of work and share actively knowledge across LPBN.
- Identify the technology gaps in operations and create a digital pipeline funnel of strategic PoC’s
- Identify and engage external technology suppliers, academia and start-ups that can advance LPBN’s digital ambition in alignment with CDO, OT and IT
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Capable of acting as a project manager for relevant digital pilots
- Understanding of best project management practices
- Able to collaborate and communicate with a variety of stakeholders, ensuring that all stakeholders have appropriate information in a timely manner
- Analytical ability to create business case for technologies, and understand where risks may arise
- Experience leading digital projects in a changing and growing business environment
- Able to connect strategy with action technology and action plans
Every day, Lonza’s products and services have a positive impact on millions of people. For us, this is not only a great privilege, but also a great responsibility. How we achieve our business results is just as important as the achievements themselves. At Lonza, we respect and protect our people and our environment. Any success we achieve is no success at all if not achieved ethically.
People come to Lonza for the challenge and creativity of solving complex problems and developing new ideas in life sciences. In return, we offer the satisfaction that comes with improving lives all around the world. The satisfaction that comes with making a meaningful difference.