Scientist - Bioassay
United Kingdom, Slough
Today Lonza is a global leader in life sciences. We are more than 15,000 employees in more than 100 locations around the world. While we work in science, there’s no magic formula to how we do it. Our greatest scientific solution is talented people working together, devising ideas that help businesses to help people. In exchange, we let our people own their careers. Their ideas, big and small, genuinely improve the world. And that’s the kind of work we want to be part of.
Our growing Bioanalytics team are looking for a Bioassay Scientist to join us on site in Slough, on a full time permanent basis. As a scientist you will flawlessly execute scientific projects in the required timeframe to a high quality standard, as part of a lab based scientific team.
- To perform experimental work independently
- To plan and complete assigned tasks within the required timeframe
- To collate, analyse, sign off data and prepare data tables
- To prepare and deliver presentations, protocols and reports as required
- To communicate progress and escalate challenges to Line Manager and/or scientific lead as appropriate
- To participate in trouble shooting/out of specification investigations as required
- Understand & comply with company, regulatory and statutory requirements
- Prepare GMP documentation e.g. SOPs and raise/complete regulatory records as required
- To perform laboratory housekeeping, perform routine instrument maintenance and reagent/consumable stock checks
- To contribute to departmental practices and process improvements
- Deliver departmental training and promote good scientific practice
- HND/BSc in relevant scientific discipline or relevant previous experience
- Demonstrated experience in a range of analytical methods, including cell based and Potency assays.
- Experience of working in a contract research environment
- Demonstrated knowledge of regulatory and GMP processes
- Able to make quality decisions based on the best available scientific data
- Desire to learn and willing to impart knowledge
- Confident and resilient enough to thrive in a challenging environment
- Willing to undertake a range of tasks for the effective running of the department.
Every day, Lonza’s products and services have a positive impact on millions of people. For us, this is not only a great privilege, but also a great responsibility. How we achieve our business results is just as important as the achievements themselves. At Lonza, we respect and protect our people and our environment. Any success we achieve is no success at all if not achieved ethically.
People come to Lonza for the challenge and creativity of solving complex problems and developing new ideas in life sciences. In return, we offer the satisfaction that comes with improving lives all around the world. The satisfaction that comes with making a meaningful difference.