United Kingdom, Slough
Today Lonza is a global leader in life sciences. We are more than 15,000 employees in more than 100 locations around the world. While we work in science, there’s no magic formula to how we do it. Our greatest scientific solution is talented people working together, devising ideas that help businesses to help people. In exchange, we let our people own their careers. Their ideas, big and small, genuinely improve the world. And that’s the kind of work we want to be part of.
We are currently looking for an experienced Manufacturing Manager- Fermentation to join our Centre of Excellence for biopharmaceutical process development and small-scale GMP manufacturing in Slough, UK.
You will be responsible for Crafting, aligning and executing the manufacturing functional strategy to deliver strategic business objectives. Operating as a key member of the manufacturing leadership team to establish collective priorities and remove barriers to progress.
- Ensure all staff operate safely and work in accordance with defined safe working practice.
- Engage with customers as the face of the manufacturing functional team to align customer needs with operational execution.
- Manage and deploy of team resources to maintain agreed production schedules, control bottleneck process performance and resolve operational constraints to improve productivity. Maintain effective end-to-end process control mechanisms and performance metrics to deliver breakthrough performance in process control, SHE, GMP compliance, quality, cost and service.
- Responsible for ensuring all batch review activities on all batch paperwork is completed and available for batch release review on agreed schedule.
- Assess performance and provide effective feedback, through appraisals and other feedback tools. Facilitate the setting of personal objectives, action plans and training plans of each individual, including new starter inductions. Assess the present and future demand for employees with particular skills and develop recruitment plans to meet these needs.
- Foster a trusted and empowered environment through actively developing talent and establish a high performing team.
What we need you to have:
- Degree (or equivalent) in a science discipline
- Extensive experience within Manufacturing in a GMP environment
- Strong background within Managing a team.
- Good appreciation of GMP in Biopharmaceuticals
- Ability to galvanise and inspire a team on a day-to-day basis.
Every day, Lonza’s products and services have a positive impact on millions of people. For us, this is not only a great privilege, but also a great responsibility. How we achieve our business results is just as important as the achievements themselves. At Lonza, we respect and protect our people and our environment. Any success we achieve is no success at all if not achieved ethically.
People come to Lonza for the challenge and creativity of solving complex problems and developing new ideas in life sciences. In return, we offer the satisfaction that comes with improving lives all around the world. The satisfaction that comes with making a meaningful difference.