Technical Quality Assurance Specialist
United States, Greenwood (South Carolina)
Today Lonza is a global leader in life sciences. We are more than 15,000 employees in more than 100 locations around the world. While we work in science, there’s no magic formula to how we do it. Our greatest scientific solution is talented people working together, devising ideas that help businesses to help people. In exchange, we let our people own their careers. Their ideas, big and small, genuinely improve the world. And that’s the kind of work we want to be part of.
Responsible for managing the entire process from issue of purchase orders to final disposition of the product. Also responsible for customer samples, stability program maintenance and samples, and returned products management.
- Manage all sampling and testing for raw material and finished products.
- Manage external testing
- Review all Certificates of Analysis from Third Party Analytical Laboratories and alert for any Out of Specification results.
- Ensure data entry of testing
- Approval of raw materials
- Review all results from approved laboratories against product specifications
- Manages customer requested samples and the Ingredient sample program
- Generate deviations, change controls, and CAPAs when needed
- Sub-Divide materials and prepare for shipment
- SAP transactions as needed
- Review and approve batch records and labels
- Release product for shipment
- Handles any returned products (RGAs)
- Maintain Quality documentation in organized fashion and provide to customers when requested.
- Support documentation control process; and administrative activities to include but not limited to:
Print batch records
- High School Diploma
- Bachelors degree in Food Science, Food Engineering, Agricultural Engineering, Chemical Engineering or related field preferred
- Experience in a quality control or product development
- Professional written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to simultaneously manage several projects.
- Strong customer service skills
- Must be computer literate and be able to use Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and other programs.
- Must be familiar with SAP functionality and basic use.
- Must be able to work as a team member, maintaining day to day activities while being responsive to changing priorities, and demonstrate the ability to follow through consistently
- Must be well organized, detail-oriented, and possess excellent time management/ organizational skills
- Ability to closely monitor and communicate progress on daily tasks and responsibilities to Management
- Quality certifications are preferred, i.e. ASQ, Six Sigma, ISO, etc..
Every day, Lonza’s products and services have a positive impact on millions of people. For us, this is not only a great privilege, but also a great responsibility. How we achieve our business results is just as important as the achievements themselves. At Lonza, we respect and protect our people and our environment. Any success we achieve is no success at all if not achieved ethically.
People come to Lonza for the challenge and creativity of solving complex problems and developing new ideas in life sciences. In return, we offer the satisfaction that comes with improving lives all around the world. The satisfaction that comes with making a meaningful difference.
Lonza is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a qualified individual with disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.