Sr. Program Manager
United States, Portsmouth (New Hampshire)
Today Lonza is a global leader in life sciences. We are more than 15,000 employees in more than 100 locations around the world. While we work in science, there’s no magic formula to how we do it. Our greatest scientific solution is talented people working together, devising ideas that help businesses to help people. In exchange, we let our people own their careers. Their ideas, big and small, genuinely improve the world. And that’s the kind of work we want to be part of.
In this role, The Sr. Program Manager (PM) is the key interface between Sales and Operations organizations and the customer. The Sr. Program Manager will lead project execution for external customers after deal closure. Responsible for directing, leading and motivating multi-disciplinary project teams and holding team members accountable to deliver results within an agreed project governance structure to ensure customer satisfaction throughout the life of the program.
The Sr. Program Manager will manage project scope, timelines, budget and program profitability together with core project team. Raise and prepare scope changes and communicate them to a customer in close collaboration with Account Manager. Partner with Account Management / Commercial Development to create mid-to-long term program strategies. Will manage multiple projects, either within one technology, or within multiple technologies and oversees the complete life-cycle of all the projects.
- Define, organize and be responsible for all customer communication (using an open communication model), agreeing milestones and conducting “lessons learned” with the customer, as well as executing decommissioning at the end of contractual activities.
- Ensure the compliant and effective internal and external governances are in place. Also ensures very clear alignment of internal stakeholders.
- Responsible to ensure flawless and smooth execution of the contracted programs according to defined timelines and cost, via leading multidisciplinary project teams.
- Based on experience, programs under PM’s responsibility range from small or mid-sized to large and complex portfolios, based on the seniority.
- During execution, key focus is on the customer centricity and internally on quality, cost, profitability, timelines and risk management.
- Significant knowledge of biologics manufacturing
- Substantial experience with managing projects; Experience with mid-large complex projects preferred.
- Ability to influence and drive others to complete tasks within regulations and timeframes.
- Experience managing complex projects and multiple projects simultaneously.
- Effective communication, organization and leadership skills.
- Knowledge of GMP Regulations Preferred.
- Strong attention to detail an experience with reporting and tracking to both internal and external stakeholders.
People come to Lonza for the challenge and creativity of solving complex problems and developing new ideas in life sciences. In return, we offer the satisfaction that comes with improving lives all around the world. The satisfaction that comes with making a meaningful difference.
Lonza is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a qualified individual with disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.