Lead Scientist - Pilot Plant
United Kingdom, Slough
Today Lonza is a global leader in life sciences. We are more than 15,000 employees in more than 100 locations around the world. While we work in science, there’s no magic formula to how we do it. Our greatest scientific solution is talented people working together, devising ideas that help businesses to help people. In exchange, we let our people own their careers. Their ideas, big and small, genuinely improve the world. And that’s the kind of work we want to be part of.
We are currently looking for an experienced Lead Scientist-Pilot Plant to be join our Centre of Excellence for biopharmaceutical process development and small-scale GMP manufacturing in Slough, UK.
This position requires a lead scientist to align with activities required in pilot to align with more of the routine function requirements. This senior position is required in order to ensure business continuity for the increased number of international tech transfers.
- Responsible for the preparation of associated process descriptions, batch records for pilot batch execution
- Prepare written process documentation in collaboration with external customers as well as other cross-functional project team members to provide assurance of process suitability to scale to cGMP manufacturing.
- Responsible for ordering raw materials for USP operations
- Communicate with internal functions i.e. Process Development R&T and New Product Introduction scientists within the MSAT team throughout.
- Prioritize and lead pilot activities following defined work assignment managing multiple daily tasks in operating equipment and associated analytical technologies
- Accountable for transfer of documentation delivery and batch execution so that projects meet the required deadlines/customer outcomes
- Working independently will provide guidance and train junior staff in area of expertise
- Contribute to development and implementation of continuous improvement activities impacting EHS processes, reducing costs, and increase yield and productivity targets
- Will use established relationships with Process Development and R&T peers to effectively influence pilot discussions/outcome.
What we need you to have:
- The ideal candidate will be educated to degree level ideally have an MSc in Biological science or a biochemical engineering discipline.
- Have knowledge of/ and applied technical understanding and in area of expertise (USP) operations
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Proficiency in structured data analysis
- Project management techniques to complete multiple routine tasks
Every day, Lonza’s products and services have a positive impact on millions of people. For us, this is not only a great privilege, but also a great responsibility. How we achieve our business results is just as important as the achievements themselves. At Lonza, we respect and protect our people and our environment. Any success we achieve is no success at all if not achieved ethically.
People come to Lonza for the challenge and creativity of solving complex problems and developing new ideas in life sciences. In return, we offer the satisfaction that comes with improving lives all around the world. The satisfaction that comes with making a meaningful difference.