Source Development Manager APAC
Lonza Specialty Ingredients (LSI) combines technological innovation with world class manufacturing and process excellence. Together, these enable our customers to deliver their discoveries in key areas:
Microbial Control Solutions (MCS) serves consumer and technical markets by safeguarding resources and peoples’ wellbeing. We are a trusted and innovative supplier of microbial control solutions and chemical technologies used in a wide range of industrial and consumer solutions. Our vast product portfolio of microbial control and chemical technologies offer quality products backed by technical and regulatory expertise, meeting our customers’ current and future needs.
Specialty Chemical Services (SCS) provides solutions for composite materials and processing additives for technically demanding industries, such as electronics, transportation and aerospace. We also provide performance intermediates & chemicals for many industrial applications, such as agro intermediates, food & feed ingredients, cosmetics, non-current good manufacturing practices (non-cGMP) intermediates, and custom development & manufacturing.
Lonza Specialty Ingredients (LSI) is looking for incumbent to support global sourcing team in new business development activities which includes scouting the India market for new raw materials or new suppliers for certain raw materials.
- To manage and optimize the purchase of raw materials from India suppliers
- Develop and maintain relations with our India suppliers
- Support global sourcing team in new business development activities which includes scouting the India market for new raw materials or new suppliers for certain raw materials.
- Support global sourcing with the development of category strategies and risk mitigation actions
- Manage strategic purchasing:
- develop and maintain an understanding of the key supply base economics, cost drivers, regulatory trends, technology trends and share them with the sourcing team and/or BU along with appropriate (mitigation) actions
- identify and develop new supply options for established raw materials
- manage negotiations with all suppliers in India,
- developing and implementing appropriate purchasing strategies.
- Sourcing of new raw materials to support new product / project proposals
- Support Global Strategic Sourcing by the development of category or product specific strategies and sourcing specific targets
- Conduct professional negotiations with suppliers in India – either independent or in alignment with the category manager
- Perform supplier assessment and support global QA during supplier audits
- Participation on sourcing related trade shows
- Support global supply chain team for Traded Goods (HAWA) related or further unspecific tasks if necessary
- Conduct or participate on further sourcing related project
Graduate : BSc/BA degree in Business, Engineering, Materials management, Chemistry or equivalent
Preferred post Graduate : Mechanical/ Chemical/Chemistry or equivalent from reputed University
Work Experience :
Minimum of 10 years buying experience -- preferably in the chemical industry
A major part of the heritage of LSI is being able to deliver unique solutions to its customers. Being the driving force behind this approach – listening, asking, understanding to match the right elements in a new way has been an inherent part of our day-to-day business. Always with the goal to enable a competitive advantage for each customer with a specific product, package or solution. What makes YOU different?
Lonza is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a qualified individual with disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.