ERP Process/ Data Management Supervisor
United States, Houston (Texas)
Today Lonza is a global leader in life sciences. We are more than 15,000 employees in more than 100 locations around the world. While we work in science, there’s no magic formula to how we do it. Our greatest scientific solution is talented people working together, devising ideas that help businesses to help people. In exchange, we let our people own their careers. Their ideas, big and small, genuinely improve the world. And that’s the kind of work we want to be part of.
Our Lonza Houston site is seeking an ERP Process/Data Management Supervisor. This position is responsible for the management of and standardization of SAP processes within the organization – the person who works with and receives the solutions created by the individual team and who is responsible for setting up and managing the improved process. This individual will be a subject matter expert in SAP. Will be expected to be an opinion leader who can drive transformation by keeping an organization’s overall culture in site. Ensures the processes are fit for purpose. Facilitate business process discussions between SMEs and identify OpEx opportunities and implement. Responsible for educating and training of stakeholders/staff on standard and best practices.
- Will work with the business and site to establish the right methodology for operating in regards to Master Data, Bill Of Materials (BOMs), Recipes, Quality Control tests and ensures that the right processes and steps are established in all of the departments
- Creation and maintenance of part codes in SAP (Material Master).
- Creation and modification of BOMs, Recipes, resources, COA Profiles, Inspection Plans and Inspection Characteristics in SAP.
- Works with the ERP Process/ Master Data Team to ensure the master data is set up correctly and aligned with the business process.
- Ensures SAP set-up/ harmonization across all Cell Gene and Therapy businesses and sites occurs.
- Responsible for the coordination of extension of parts in other plants.
- Responsible for managing and tracking turn-around times for change controls.
- Leadership responsibility for site new part set-up team to include tracking of each new part and monitoring turn-around times.
- Ensure SOPs related to new part set-up, BOM, recipe creations are up to date and usable.
- Provides guidance to MRP Planners, Operational Buyers, Schedulers, Logistics, QC, QA, PD, Etc. in establishing the correct process and structure in the ERP (SAP) System.
- Works to improve processes related to new part-set up.
- Work with Material Requirements Planners and/or Buyers to research alternate materials driving material cost and labor efficiency savings.
- Liaise with Project Management, Purchasing and SMEs to determine best methods and materials for manufacturing.
- Leverage our ERP system to drive standardization in the BOM and recipe process.
- Analyze results of BOM’s to determine accuracy of data and instructs the appropriate teams on updates and corrections needed.
- Flag products in the MRP system based on their status and assignments.
- Bachelor of Arts or Bachelor of Science in Supply Chain Management or Business Management (SAP concentration preferred)
- Advanced experience and usage of SAP experience required
- SAP and interface applications in planning, manufacturing and logistics space required
- Must have supervisory experience
- Must have strong organizational skills and be able to manage and prioritize multiple projects or assignments at one time, including the ability to follow assignments through to completion and meet deadlines.
- Experience managing complex projects is preferred
- Ability to influence both Supply Chain and functional leaders to support supply planning and site manufacturing strategy recommendations
- Good communication and presentation skills. Ability to present ideas in a clear and concise manner
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to define metrics (KPI’s) and identify issues through root cause analysis
- Competent using MS Office suite, particularly Excel and PowerPoint
- Ability to utilize Business Intelligence systems to extract data and generate reports
- Able to initiate and lead cross functional teams.
Every day, Lonza’s products and services have a positive impact on millions of people. For us, this is not only a great privilege, but also a great responsibility. How we achieve our business results is just as important as the achievements themselves. At Lonza, we respect and protect our people and our environment. Any success we achieve is no success at all if not achieved ethically.
People come to Lonza for the challenge and creativity of solving complex problems and developing new ideas in life sciences. In return, we offer the satisfaction that comes with improving lives all around the world. The satisfaction that comes with making a meaningful difference.
Lonza is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a qualified individual with disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.