United States, Conley (Georgia)
Today Lonza is a global leader in life sciences. We are more than 15,000 employees in more than 100 locations around the world. While we work in science, there’s no magic formula to how we do it. Our greatest scientific solution is talented people working together, devising ideas that help businesses to help people. In exchange, we let our people own their careers. Their ideas, big and small, genuinely improve the world. And that’s the kind of work we want to be part of.
Lonza Specialty Ingredients (LSI) has an opportunity for a Manufacturing Manager in our Conley, GA facility. Responsible for the manufacturing operations of the Conley site. 5 direct reports with a total organization of 32 (including the production operator teams). Accountable for maintenance of safe and legally compliant operations, delivery of the production plan, provision of plant for required maintenance, cost control and the operational liaison with the project engineering team.
Safety & Compliance:
- Ensure all plant equipment and processes are maintained / operated in a safe and legally compliant manner.
- Accountable for reporting line, responsible for all personnel, in ensuring compliance to required safety policies and procedures.
- Accountable for the operation of a functional and compliant safe work permit system
- Accountable for maintenance of required quality standards throughout reporting line.
- Ensure operating costs are monitored and controlled effectively and efforts made to maximize efficiency of the operation.
- Build a culture of continuous improvement.
- Ensure that relevant processes and procedures in place to cover routine operations.
- Ensure all plant personnel are trained and competent
- Ensure compliance with all relevant local and Lonza policies, processes and procedures.
- Development of the shift supervisor organization to enable them to provide consistent leadership and supervision to the plant personnel.
- Personnel management including development of personnel on site, performance management, individual feedback and review processes, disciplinary process, new hire process.
- Deliver daily production schedule safely and efficiently.
- Coordination of finished product shipment
- Coordination of maintenance and contractor activities.
- Ensure work force headcount is aligned to meet the workload.
- Bachelors of Science or Arts
- Masters of Science Preferred
- 2-5 years of Production/Manufacturing Management
- 5-10 years Chemical Industry experience.
People come to Lonza for the challenge and creativity of solving complex problems and developing new ideas in life sciences. In return, we offer the satisfaction that comes with improving lives all around the world. The satisfaction that comes with making a meaningful difference.
Lonza is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a qualified individual with disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.