Human Resource Business Partner
United States, Houston (Texas)
Today Lonza is a global leader in life sciences. We are more than 15,000 employees in more than 100 locations around the world. While we work in science, there’s no magic formula to how we do it. Our greatest scientific solution is talented people working together, devising ideas that help businesses to help people. In exchange, we let our people own their careers. Their ideas, big and small, genuinely improve the world. And that’s the kind of work we want to be part of.
The Human Resources Business Partner will have responsibility to drive consistency with regard to human resources practices across the site. Implements and coordinates change initiatives to support enhanced organizational effectiveness within the business. Works independently; receives minimal guidance. Key deliverables include effective employee relations, recruiting, training system management, and organizational development and community relations. Facilitates implementation and execution of Human Resource policies, initiatives, processes and programs. Coaching and counseling to line management personnel. Responsible for coordinating and some delivery of management training and education. Provide leadership in the performance management and salary planning processes.
- Provide business support on a variety of HR related topics to the departments/ managers assigned. Key areas of expertise: Facilitation, Employee Development, Performance Management, Succession Planning, Assessment and Recommendations regarding policy and practice.
- Works with managers to develop and understand staffing requirements and human resources plans
- Will independently manage the most senior level projects or problems, involving HR.
- Provides coaching to managers and supervisors regarding performance, discipline and other related matters.
- Experienced in dealing with employee relations issues and investigations and provides guidance to other team members.
- Develops and delivers training in key areas of HR responsibility including, but not limited to anti-harassment training, interview training, and supervisory training.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, HR, Organizational Development, or Psychology. Master’s Degree is preferred.
- Advanced knowledge in employment law, compensation, organizational planning, organization development, employee relations, safety, training and labor relations preferably in a manufacturing operations environment.
- Manages internal and external customer relations professionally and effectively. Develops insights that can be used to enhance customer satisfaction or other metrics.
- Ensures delivery excellence for own goals and those of his/her team Regularly solicits, assesses and addresses feedback. Appropriately prioritizes multiple demands and leads defined work to successful conclusion on time.
- Takes personal accountability for outcomes resulting from choices and behaviors of self and team. Ensures clear and direct 2-way communication within his/her team and other organizations
- Proactively seeks to understand internal/external customer and market needs
- Develops insights that can be used to enhance customer satisfaction or other metrics. Facilitates changes and is flexible to learn. Understands how to effectively engage others in the change processes.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Proficient in use of Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook) and HRIS systems. Knowledge of Workday is preferred.
- Customer service mindset.
Every day, Lonza’s products and services have a positive impact on millions of people. For us, this is not only a great privilege, but also a great responsibility. How we achieve our business results is just as important as the achievements themselves. At Lonza, we respect and protect our people and our environment. Any success we achieve is no success at all if not achieved ethically.
People come to Lonza for the challenge and creativity of solving complex problems and developing new ideas in life sciences. In return, we offer the satisfaction that comes with improving lives all around the world. The satisfaction that comes with making a meaningful difference.
Lonza is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a qualified individual with disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.