Scientist (Development Services) - Cell Culture/Analytical Development
Singapore, Tuas Singapore
Today Lonza is a global leader in life sciences. We are more than 15,000 employees in more than 100 locations around the world. While we work in science, there’s no magic formula to how we do it. Our greatest scientific solution is talented people working together, devising ideas that help businesses to help people. In exchange, we let our people own their careers. Their ideas, big and small, genuinely improve the world. And that’s the kind of work we want to be part of.
Lonza are looking to add some sparks to our Development Services team at the Tuas site.
The Development Services team are responsible for the development and characterization of mammalian cell culture processes used for the production of novel therapeutic recombinant proteins for Lonza’s global client base. We have a number of positions available for candidates ranging from recent graduates to those with five or more years of experience.
The successful applicant for one of these positions will join either the Analytical Development or the Cell Culture Development teams within Development Services at Lonza Singapore. The Analytical Development team are responsible for a range of activities including rapid analytical support for the process development teams, development and validation of test methods and cGMP analytical testing to generate data used for regulatory filings (IND and BLA). The Cell Culture Development team are responsible for the creation of mammalian cell lines and subsequent development and characterization of upstream processes suitable for transfer to cGMP production in one of Lonza’s global network of manufacturing facilities.
- Execution of laboratory work in the area of Analytical or Cell Culture Development
- Analytical Development: Test methods employed include, but are not limited to, techniques using capillary electrophoresis, HPLC/UPLC, spectrophotometry and ELISAs, including high throughput versions.
- Cell Culture Development: Mammalian cell culture processes include: Cell Line Development (routine cell culture, FACS); Process Development (ambr15 miniaturized bioreactors, 10L laboratory scale bioreactors); Process Characterization (ambr250 miniaturized bioreactors, 10L laboratory scale bioreactors).
- Collaborate with other functions in the department to contribute to customer projects by generating and interpreting scientific data from experimental work.
- Deliver high quality communication to ensure an outstanding customer experience (written reports, teleconferences and face-to-face meetings).
- Working as part of a site and global project team, co-ordinate multiple projects and ensure timely delivery of project work stages.
- Facilitate communication between other departments in Singapore and across the global Lonza network (e.g. Development/MSAT/QC/QA).
- To work to the highest scientific standards under the direction of the Line Manager.
- To communicate project updates to internal and external customers.
- To contribute to the efficient running of the department including instigating and delivering operational efficiency projects.
- Contribute to departmental safety and training programmes as required.
- The roles may require occasional weekend work.
- Well organized with good problem solving skills, a high level of attention to detail and have a passion for delivering high quality data on time.
- Execution multiple projects simultaneously, ensuring work is planned and scheduled appropriately and delivered to agreed timelines and quality standards.
- Degree in a relevant Science field or Equivalent
- Positions available would be suitable for candidates ranging from recent graduates to those with 5 or more years of experience, including candidates with a PhD.
- Practical laboratory experience in mammalian cell culture and/or analytical testing for antibodies or other recombinant proteins would be advantageous although training will be provided
- The Analytical Development roles would also suit a candidate with prior experience in a cGMP / QC laboratory
- Understanding of theory and application of recombinant protein production, purification and analysis
- Excellent problem solving and analytical skills
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written)
- Excellent team working skills
- Experience working within a formal Quality Management System (cGxP/ISO)
Every day, Lonza’s products and services have a positive impact on millions of people. For us, this is not only a great privilege, but also a great responsibility. How we achieve our business results is just as important as the achievements themselves. At Lonza, we respect and protect our people and our environment. Any success we achieve is no success at all if not achieved ethically.
People come to Lonza for the challenge and creativity of solving complex problems and developing new ideas in life sciences. In return, we offer the satisfaction that comes with improving lives all around the world. The satisfaction that comes with making a meaningful difference.