United States, Conley (Georgia)
Today Lonza is a global leader in life sciences. We are more than 15,000 employees in more than 100 locations around the world. While we work in science, there’s no magic formula to how we do it. Our greatest scientific solution is talented people working together, devising ideas that help businesses to help people. In exchange, we let our people own their careers. Their ideas, big and small, genuinely improve the world. And that’s the kind of work we want to be part of.
Lonza Specialty Ingredients (LSI) is looking for a Material Handler to operate and maintain equipment according to Standard Operating Procedures; safely control and store and load chemicals used in the processing of wood treatment chemicals. Equipment used includes agitators, storage tanks, mixing tanks, elevators, conveyer system, drum washer, pumps, hoist and forklifts. Supports Arsenic Acid Plant in supplying Arsenic Trioxide to the process
- Monitors and reviews information from materials, events, or the environment, to detect or assess problems. Patrol work areas to detect leaks or equipment malfunctions or to monitor operating conditions. Monitor gauges, recording instruments, flowmeters, or products to ensure specified conditions are maintained.
- Using either control mechanisms or direct physical activity to operate machines or processes. Adjust controls to regulate temperature, pressure, feed, or flow of liquids or gases, according to knowledge of equipment and processes. Observe safety precautions and display leadership by taking responsibility for his/her safety and that of others.
- Analyzes information and evaluate results to choose the best solution and solve problems. Use knowledge of working area to make accurate and timely decisions. Agile and supportive of a culture of process improvement and problem solving. Demonstrate an openness to trying new approaches.
- Observes, receives, and obtains information from all relevant sources. Enters material into SAP from shipments received or material processed for use in the Arsenic Plant. Record operational data, such as temperatures, pressures, ingredients used, processing times, or test results. Obtains samples of product for analysis by QC laboratory for testing
- Inspects equipment, structures, or materials to identify the cause of errors or other problems or defects. Drive results by demonstrating persistence and motivation to overcome obstacles and challenges
- Provides information to supervisors and coworkers by telephone, in written form, e-mail, or in person. Maintain customer focus and understands what internal and/or external customers need. Collaborate and generously share information and knowledge with others. Perform other duties as assigned
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Preferred: Prior experience in an Industrial Operations Environment or Naval Engineering
- Knowledge of raw materials, production processes, quality control, costs, and other techniques for maximizing the effective manufacture and distribution of goods
- Controlling operations of equipment or systems; ability to safely operate industrial forklift to load and unload raw materials and other equipment
People come to Lonza for the challenge and creativity of solving complex problems and developing new ideas in life sciences. In return, we offer the satisfaction that comes with improving lives all around the world. The satisfaction that comes with making a meaningful difference.
Lonza is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a qualified individual with disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.