QC Analyst, Micro
United States, Houston (Texas)
Today Lonza is a global leader in life sciences. We are more than 15,000 employees in more than 100 locations around the world. While we work in science, there’s no magic formula to how we do it. Our greatest scientific solution is talented people working together, devising ideas that help businesses to help people. In exchange, we let our people own their careers. Their ideas, big and small, genuinely improve the world. And that’s the kind of work we want to be part of.
The purpose of the Quality Control Analyst is to support the Quality Control, Micro team with endotoxin and sterility testing. The individual in this role will be central in all assays associated with microbiology and integral with out of specification (OOS) investigations, validation report writing, and general upkeep of the micro department.
- Performance of endotoxin (Kinetic chromogenic) and sterility (BacT/Alet) testing.
- Performance of microbiological assays for media, raw material, and product release.
- Coordination and performance of growth promotion testing.
- Assistance with maintenance of the laboratories, supplies, and equipment.
- Writes reports and performs investigations for OOS excursions and deviations.
- Completes data analysis and summary reports for scheduled trend reports.
- Writes and revises procedures and qualification reports through change control.
- Maintains compliance with all required training and assists with training of fellow analysts.
- Bachelor Degree in Life Sciences, preferably in Microbiology/Biology.
- Demonstrated knowledge in general laboratory skills and microbiological assays, and aseptic test methods.
- Advanced knowledge of Good Manufacturing Processes (cGMP).
- Experience with kinetic method endotoxin testing and sterility testing.
- Proficient in the use of spreadsheets, databases, and word processing software.
- Able to propose ideas during problem solving, root cause analysis, and process improvement events.
- Dependable and able to work well within a team. Capable of effectively representing the department in meetings and on project teams
- Champions change speaking positively to and about others in all situations.
Every day, Lonza’s products and services have a positive impact on millions of people. For us, this is not only a great privilege, but also a great responsibility. How we achieve our business results is just as important as the achievements themselves. At Lonza, we respect and protect our people and our environment. Any success we achieve is no success at all if not achieved ethically.
People come to Lonza for the challenge and creativity of solving complex problems and developing new ideas in life sciences. In return, we offer the satisfaction that comes with improving lives all around the world. The satisfaction that comes with making a meaningful difference.
Lonza is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a qualified individual with disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.