Operational Excellence Project Manager
United States, Portsmouth (New Hampshire)
Today Lonza is a global leader in life sciences. We are more than 15,000 employees in more than 100 locations around the world. While we work in science, there’s no magic formula to how we do it. Our greatest scientific solution is talented people working together, devising ideas that help businesses to help people. In exchange, we let our people own their careers. Their ideas, big and small, genuinely improve the world. And that’s the kind of work we want to be part of.
As Operational Excellence Project Manager, the incumbent leads efforts to deliver business results by working with teams to identify opportunities for improvement and taking accountability for rigorous execution and delivery. The Operational Excellence Business Partner is an expert in identifying and implementing efficiency gains for projects at all levels of scope but in particular those which are multi-dimensional, complex and critical to the site’s future. This includes but is not limited to assessing, scoping, standardizing and implementation.
- Assists to lead the efforts to generate OE and site strategy, to identify and develop systems and support for ongoing site efforts: process improvement, daily management system, and culture. Plan, lead, drive and execute business critical improvement projects to deliver successful results using Lean/DMAIC approach.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Collaborate with site department subject matter experts and Head of OE to identify and drive crucial efforts leading to sustainable improvement for the site for the medium to long term strategy.
- Act as a subject matter expert for the site coaching others in the philosophy, methods, tools and techniques of process improvement to increase the capability of the business to respond to problems. Mentor and develop the OE managers through regular coaching and management of their performance.
- Coach teams to establish performance measurements and process control plans to monitor project results and drive sustainability. Communicate project progress and promote project achievements to maintain awareness of improvement activity on the site across the network and with corporate leadership.
- Develop improvement project business case to secure the necessary support and resources for success. Work with the business to identify and report milestone project progress and work with project sponsors and site leadership to address major barriers to progress to ensure projects are delivered to plan.
- BS/BA required. Preferred area of study: Science and or Engineering
- Substantial Biopharma (or equivalent) industry experience; Lean or Six Sigma Green or Black Belt Certified preferred
- Expert understanding of Lean and Six Sigma principles
- Demonstrated track record of having delivered tangible results
- Expert level in process improvement tools and methodologies
- Excellent leadership skills
- Proven facilitator with ability to coach, manage and lead teams
- Ability to effectively communicate persuasively across the corporation
- Hands on attitude to get things done with the ability to manage change to a successful conclusion
- Energetic and enthusiastic style
Every day, Lonza’s products and services have a positive impact on millions of people. For us, this is not only a great privilege, but also a great responsibility. How we achieve our business results is just as important as the achievements themselves. At Lonza, we respect and protect our people and our environment. Any success we achieve is no success at all if it is not achieved ethically.
People come to Lonza for the challenge and creativity of solving complex problems and developing new ideas in life sciences. In return, we offer the satisfaction that comes with improving lives all around the world. The satisfaction that comes with making a meaningful difference.
Lonza is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a qualified individual with disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.