Senior Core Technician -Viral Vector - Night Shift
United States, Houston (Texas)
Today Lonza is a global leader in life sciences. We are more than 15,000 employees in more than 100 locations around the world. While we work in science, there’s no magic formula to how we do it. Our greatest scientific solution is talented people working together, devising ideas that help businesses to help people. In exchange, we let our people own their careers. Their ideas, big and small, genuinely improve the world. And that’s the kind of work we want to be part of.
Lonza Cell and Gene Therapy Facility is the largest in the world and our facility is growing. We are looking for professionals to grow with us and we have this exciting opportunity the Viral Vector Therapy group https://www.lonza.com/viraltherapy The Senior Core Technician will be responsible for carrying out production processes in a GMP facility, with tasks including operation of cell culture bioreactors, large scale purification by ion exchange chromatography, and aseptic filling. Other duties may include conduction of cGMP training for new and current employees, reviewing cGMP records, and change control.
- Follow production records to ensure that product is manufactured in accordance with written protocols and procedures
- Responsible for compiling and analyzing data, preparing reports, and making recommendations for changes and/or improvements
- Responsible for investigating and troubleshooting deviations and unexpected events
- Responsible for reviewing, writing, and executing production records
- Responsible for coordinating production activities with other duties as assigned
- Responsible for maintaining training requirements up to date
- Provides appropriate coaching and performance feedback to all direct reports and assures that all team members are being developed
- This roles will include working 2nd Shift, Nights and Weekends.(8,10 or 12 Shifts)
- Bachelor’s Degree in Life Sciences
- Expert level experience with a Bachelor’s degree within a cGMP clinical production environment
- Must be knowledgeable of various commonly used biological processing techniques including cell culture, ultra-filtration and column chromatography.
- Must have a thorough knowledge of cGMP facilities and cGMP requirements.
- Must have strong organizational skills and be able to manage and prioritize multiple projects or assignments at one time, including the ability to follow assignments through to completion and meet deadlines..
- Advanced Knowledge of cGMP and clean room behavior preferred
Every day, Lonza’s products and services have a positive impact on millions of people. For us, this is not only a great privilege, but also a great responsibility. How we achieve our business results is just as important as the achievements themselves. At Lonza, we respect and protect our people and our environment. Any success we achieve is no success at all if not achieved ethically.
People come to Lonza for the challenge and creativity of solving complex problems and developing new ideas in life sciences. In return, we offer the satisfaction that comes with improving lives all around the world. The satisfaction that comes with making a meaningful difference.
Lonza is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a qualified individual with disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.