Lead Scientist, Formulation Development
Today Lonza is a global leader in life sciences. We are more than 15,000 employees in more than 100 locations around the world. While we work in science, there’s no magic formula to how we do it. Our greatest scientific solution is talented people working together, devising ideas that help businesses to help people. In exchange, we let our people own their careers. Their ideas, big and small, genuinely improve the world. And that’s the kind of work we want to be part of.
For Drug Product Services (DPS), our successful Contract Development and Manufacturing Organization (CDMO) branch, located in Basel, Switzerland and Stein, Switzerland, we have exciting opportunities. Become part of a group that enables its customers to meet some of the greatest challenges in patient treatment and join us by applying for the position as Scientist Formulation Development.
- Plan and perform formulation development and characterization studies for liquid and lyophilized parenteral drug products of biologics (e.g. monoclonal antibodies, novel formats, ADCs, peptides)
- Execute analytical tests to support formulation and process development (e.g. HPLC and CE purity methods, content by UV, identity, color, clarity and opalescence, pH, osmolality, visible particles, subvisible particles)
- Document data following applicable lab procedures and current documentation practices
- Evaluate and implement new methods and technologies
- Install, qualify, and maintain equipment for formulation and process development and related analytics in close alignment with current best practices and regulations
- Assist establishment of Drug Product pharmaceutical development infrastructure and services for parenteral drug products
- Science or engineering degree (BSc, MSc) in a relevant discipline, e.g. Pharmaceutical Sciences, Chemical or Biochemical Engineering
- Significant work experience as a research/technical assistant in the pharmaceutical or chemical industry, preferably in pharmaceutical development
- Work experience in relevant pharmaceutical development technologies
- Experience with parenteral dosage forms, protein formulation and analytics and aseptic working techniques is a plus
- Good knowledge of reporting, interpretation and documentation of scientific results
- Excellent communication skills with good command of English, written and spoken
Every day, Lonza’s products and services have a positive impact on millions of people. For us, this is not only a great privilege, but also a great responsibility. How we achieve our business results is just as important as the achievements themselves. At Lonza, we respect and protect our people and our environment. Any success we achieve is no success at all if not achieved ethically.
People come to Lonza for the challenge and creativity of solving complex problems and developing new ideas in life sciences. In return, we offer the satisfaction that comes with improving lives all around the world. The satisfaction that comes with making a meaningful difference.