OTR Driver - Local Part Time
United States, Conley (Georgia)
OTR Driver - Local Part Time
Today Lonza is a global leader in life sciences. We are more than 15,000 employees in more than 100 locations around the world. While we work in science, there’s no magic formula to how we do it. Our greatest scientific solution is talented people working together, devising ideas that help businesses to help people. In exchange, we let our people own their careers. Their ideas, big and small, genuinely improve the world. And that’s the kind of work we want to be part of.
Lonza Specialty Ingredients (LSI) has an opportunity for a part time OTR Driver. The OTR Driver will be local to our Conley, GA facility and will deliver all loads in a safe and timely manner according to both Lonza policy and DOT requirements.
- To deliver OTR (bulk truck) loads in a safe and timely manner including pre-planning trips based on weather, length of haul and delivery times.
- To follow appropriate procedures for transporting hazard materials according to Lonza policy and DOT requirements. Ensure equipment maintenance and all safety equipment is up to date as required by Lonza and DOT. Plan or adjust routes based on changing conditions by utilizing computer equipment, GPS or other navigational devices to minimize fuel consumption.
- Report vehicle defects, accidents, traffic violations and damage to operations according to Lonza policies and procedures.
- Unload all loads according to Lonza unloading procedure, wearing PPE and check all load-related documentation for completeness and accuracy. Obtain receipts or signatures for delivered goods. Clean all unloading area and equipment.
- Perform basic vehicle maintenance tasks, such as adding oil, fuel, radiator fluid etc. and/or performing minor repairs as needed.
- To know state laws in all areas traveled and make sure all permits and placards are correct and up to date accordingly.
- Operate equipment, such as cab computers, CB radios, Phones and GPS and necessary to perform job duties. Maintain driver logs in accordance with DOT regulations. As well and maintaining iComply and other company requirements.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- High school or GED education is required
- 3 Years or more as an over the road driver
- Hazmat and bulk endorsement, passport and Twix card required
- Able to pass DOT physical
People come to Lonza for the challenge and creativity of solving complex problems and developing new ideas in life sciences. In return, we offer the satisfaction that comes with improving lives all around the world. The satisfaction that comes with making a meaningful difference.
Lonza is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a qualified individual with disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.