Head of Commercial Development, China
Today Lonza is a global leader in life sciences. We are more than 15,000 employees in more than 100 locations around the world. While we work in science, there’s no magic formula to how we do it. Our greatest scientific solution is talented people working together, devising ideas that help businesses to help people. In exchange, we let our people own their careers. Their ideas, big and small, genuinely improve the world. And that’s the kind of work we want to be part of.
Lonza is establishing a strategic biomanufacturing base in China using GE Healthcare Solutions. With the new facility, Lonza is responding to growing demand for a high-quality CDMO in the Chinese market. The two companies will work closely on the design of the 17,000 m2 site, which will include 6,500 m2 of lab space and one KUBio facility. With more than 20 successful FDA approvals for biologics, combined with international regulatory expertise, Lonza will now be able to offer the same high standards in China as it does elsewhere. Lonza plans to hire and train a significant number of staff for this site. This role will deliver on the project business case to develop LPB Biologics business in China by leading all of its related commercial & go-to-market activities.
- Leads all commercial and business development activities for Lonza LPB/Biologics in China. Responsible for defining go-to-market strategies
- Site-related strategic decision-making as part of the CDM BU guidance and in alignment with the LPB BU and Ops stakeholders
- Ensures consistently strong customer orientation of site to meet LPB Biologics’ growth targets
- Working closely with Marketing function understands and defines opportunities (customers, products, markets) to grow business
- Manages the portfolio (customer projects) to optimize GP/capacity management
- Determines alternative business model(es) for implementation by Sales
- Determines pricing model (batch/volume/time) and business guidelines (T&C).
- Sets priorities during acquisition of new business and provides Go/no Go decisions on RFPs & proposals
- Gives guidance and instruction to sales force on how to fill/use available capacities
- Provides forecasting of demand from new business for planning processes
- Monitor and analyzes Sales activities against goals, providing guidance and direction on corrective actions as necessary
- Performs lifecycle management of the offerings, from identification of new opportunities through commercialization & active sales, and discontinuation
- Performs annual price review and provides recommendations on price model and price changes to BU
- Expert in CDMO market, comprehensive understanding of the future trends in Biopharma and CDMO market.
- Experience of working with and developing diverse and widespread teams in a large multi-cultural organization.
- Solid Biopharma Industry knowledge, especially understanding of the pharmaceutical drug approval process, the supply chain and related manufacturing requirements
- Demonstrated capabilities in driving business, regulatory, and financial principles that relate to service and supply agreements and integrated business models language, such as business, intellectual property, and tax.
- Negotiated and signed long-term and high value complex contracts.
- Build good contact network within Biologics industry and peripheral.
- Adapts to shifting priorities, demands and timelines through analytical and problem-solving capabilities
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a fast paced environment is crucial
- Anticipates and resolves challenges through understanding Lonza-specific standards and ways of working
- Learns from successes/failures, and applies lessons to new technical and interpersonal situations.
- Good command of English, written and verbal
Every day, Lonza's products and services have a positive impact on millions of people. For us, this is not only a great privilege, but also a great responsibility. How we achieve our business results is just as important as the achievements themselves. At Lonza, we respect and protect our people and our environment. Any success we achieve is no success at all if not achieved ethically.
People come to Lonza for the challenge and creativity of solving complex problems and developing new ideas in life sciences. In return, we offer the satisfaction that comes with improving lives all around the world. The satisfaction that comes with making a meaningful difference.