IT/OT Infrastructure Manager
United States, Conley (Georgia)
Today Lonza is a global leader in life sciences. We are more than 15,000 employees in more than 100 locations around the world. While we work in science, there’s no magic formula to how we do it. Our greatest scientific solution is talented people working together, devising ideas that help businesses to help people. In exchange, we let our people own their careers. Their ideas, big and small, genuinely improve the world. And that’s the kind of work we want to be part of.
Today, everybody is speaking about Digital Transformation and Industry 4.0 but it needs people with a clear vision to achieve the next level of industrial revolution. Lonza Specialty Ingredients (LSI) is working with a dedicated team to implement this vision with a step-by-step approach on our production facilities. To complement this team with infrastructure know-how, we have created a position which closes the gap between IT and OT. This position is the technology lead for all infrastructure services for IT and OT and defines the roadmap and standards for the future plant. This role directly supports our Conley, GA facility.
- Technology lead of all infrastructure services for IT/OT including servers, operating system builds, databases, storage, hosting, configuration management, asset lifecycle, virtualization, cloud solutions, backups, and disaster recovery
- Develop high-level technical solutions, sustainable processes and standards in order to achieve the vision of smart manufacturing
- Introduction of new technologies through pilots and implementation projects
- Drive standardization, centralization and digitalization projects
- Monitor and assess cyber security threats and define remediation activities
- Support the local site in maintaining hardware, software and automation systems
- Actively manage 3rd party vendor(s), local suppliers and providers to ensure they are meeting services levels (requirements and quality) and aligning to Lonza standards, e. g., security, architecture, quality
- Conduct audits and assessments on local sites
- Develop and maintain documentation relating to all assigned systems and user cases
- Assist in defining data governance policies and procedures like disaster recovery plans.
- Ability to think out-of-the-box and support the development of new use cases for digitalization in the context of chemical continuous and batch manufacturing
- Knowledge in industrial communications and automation
- Degree in Engineering-, or Computer Science-related field
- Extensive experience in IT/OT systems, architecture and networking
- Experience in control systems design, implementation or maintenance
- Solid cyber security knowledge like access control, firewalls, authentication
- Experience in working with cloud solutions, specifically with MS-Azure
- Ability to effectively communicate in English (German is an additional advantage) via writing and oral communication at all levels to both internal and external customers including regulatory authorities in an international context..
People come to Lonza for the challenge and creativity of solving complex problems and developing new ideas in life sciences. In return, we offer the satisfaction that comes with improving lives all around the world. The satisfaction that comes with making a meaningful difference.
Lonza is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a qualified individual with disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.