Lead Payroll / Time Switzerland
Today Lonza is a global leader in life sciences. We are more than 15,000 employees in more than 100 locations around the world. While we work in science, there’s no magic formula to how we do it. Our greatest scientific solution is talented people working together, devising ideas that help businesses to help people. In exchange, we let our people own their careers. Their ideas, big and small, genuinely improve the world. And that’s the kind of work we want to be part of.
In this key role you will lead a team of Payroll Coordinators and Time Experts, manage and oversee our payroll & time processes for Switzerland supported by our third party payroll provider. You will be responsible for end-to-end payroll management including preparation, review, sign-off and post-payroll activities in close cooperation with the external provider and internal stakeholders. Furthermore you oversee time management guidelines and provide expertise to business stakeholders.
- Provide guidance, instruction, direction and leadership to a mid-sized team in Switzerland
- Perform payroll-related functions under country and local laws, including but not limited to processing new hires, international transfers, termination status changes, tax changes, wage garnishments, deductions, and direct deposit, child allowances, etc.
- Collect payroll benefit information from various sources and provide monthly payroll instructions to our payroll provider. Performs checks for internal payroll data, calculate overtime and other pay premiums, and enter payroll data in accordance with country regulations
- Manage and oversee our third party payroll provider for employees based in Switzerland (incl. Executives & International Assignees). Instruct and control the payroll provider concerning all legal changes, non-legal changes and company internal adaptions
- Control the monthly payroll records from payroll provider and approve the payroll results
- Processing of monthly, quarterly and yearly tasks (ELM, Pro Familia, salary certificate, etc.). Execution of diverse reports
- Communicate with employees of all levels regarding payroll matters, including troubleshooting of issues
- Define Payroll & Time relevant practices, processes and policies for Switzerland and assure they are up to date
- In close cooperation with internal and external partners, define, prepare and deliver innovative and engaging trainings and communication on relevant Payroll & Time practices, processes and policies for Switzerland
- Cooperate with various external and internal (HR, Finance/Accounting, Treasury, Tax, Legal, IT, Global Mobility) partners. Assist with internal, external and statutory audits as needed
- Assist with ad-hoc projects as necessary and perform any other job duties
- Considerable experience gained in payroll-related leadership positions in an international environment
- Excellent knowledge of Swiss payroll specificities and best practices
- Experience in managing small to mid-sized teams with strong interpersonal and leadership skills
- Experience with third party payroll provider and vendor management is a prerequisite
- Strong communication skills in German and English, both written and verbal
- Attention to detail
- Customer focus and stakeholder management skills
- Continuous improvement mindset
- Desire to shape and influence your environment
People come to Lonza for the challenge and creativity of solving complex problems and developing new ideas in life sciences. In return, we offer the satisfaction that comes with improving lives all around the world. The satisfaction that comes with making a meaningful difference.