United Kingdom, Slough
Today Lonza is a global leader in life sciences. We are more than 15,000 employees in more than 100 locations around the world. While we work in science, there’s no magic formula to how we do it. Our greatest scientific solution is talented people working together, devising ideas that help businesses to help people. In exchange, we let our people own their careers. Their ideas, big and small, genuinely improve the world. And that’s the kind of work we want to be part of.
We are looking for a Lab Informatics Scientist to help build, maintain, and troubleshoot our expanding informatics platforms. You will be part of a talented team of scientists that demonstrate superb technical competency, delivering critical software to ensure the highest levels of quality, performance and security as we move towards a fully paperless laboratory.
This role will be responsible for the management of key projects with the goal of optimizing lab procedures, implementing new technologies and providing expert level technical support to our customers via phone, web, email, IM and other support channels as required.
- Drive the productive use of current lab computer systems (such as LIMS/ELN/CDS/SDMS) to support the key platforms used with Lonza
- Support the end user base in using the above systems, to assist in search, transformation and reporting of scientific data to customers and management
- Work with peers and managers to gather local knowledge, manage requirements, build workflow templates and test solutions, then formally launch those solutions into productive use
- To evaluate, improve and implement new informatics platforms to help increase efficiency and data integrity
- To promote and safeguard good data integrity and data management practices, including aligning them with the Error Prevention System (EPS)
- To deliver high quality user training
- Experienced user of MS Office software (such as MS Excel)
- Exposure to Computer Systems Validation
- Exposure to basic programming concepts and databases
- An understanding of the flow of data in a Development/Analytical laboratory and interactions with other departments would be beneficial but not essential
- A positive attitude to change, be willing to continuously question common practice and to seek out and implement innovative solutions to problems through the use of laboratory informatics
- A social, personable, approachable personality.
Every day, Lonza’s products and services have a positive impact on millions of people. For us, this is not only a great privilege, but also a great responsibility. How we achieve our business results is just as important as the achievements themselves. At Lonza, we respect and protect our people and our environment. Any success we achieve is no success at all if not achieved ethically.
People come to Lonza for the challenge and creativity of solving complex problems and developing new ideas in life sciences. In return, we offer the satisfaction that comes with improving lives all around the world. The satisfaction that comes with making a meaningful difference.