Supervisor, Microbiology & Analytical Chemistry
United States, Bend (Oregon)
Today Lonza is a global leader in life sciences. We are more than 15,000 employees in more than 100 locations around the world. While we work in science, there’s no magic formula to how we do it. Our greatest scientific solution is talented people working together, devising ideas that help businesses to help people. In exchange, we let our people own their careers. Their ideas, big and small, genuinely improve the world. And that’s the kind of work we want to be part of.
Lonza Pharma & Biotech has an opening for a Microbiology/Analytical Chemistry Supervisor at our Bend, OR location.
The Microbiology/Analytical Chemistry Supervisor will report to the IPC & Microbiology Manager and provide leadership guidance to execute analytical development and quality control functions across the drug product lifecycle (in support of animal studies, clinical studies and commercial distribution).
- Create and manage schedules for day-to-day lab activities
- Write, review and approve test notes, specifications, and analytical test reports
- Represent the group at client and regulatory inspections
- Primary point of communication with client team
- Distribution of projects and continuous improvement tasks and track progress
- Review and approve lab employee training
- Continuously identify more effective ways to drive performance
- Effectively manage performance of direct reports
- Assist in microbiological testing as needed
- Must possess a minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree in Science
- Significant experience as a Microbiologist or Chemist is required
- Some experience in a GMP environment is required
- Demonstrated ability to perform hands-on, detailed work, in a fast-paced manufacturing environment
- Demonstrate high standard of ethics, integrity and professionalism
- Will handle hazardous materials and occasionally work in confined spaces
- Must be able to work while wearing personal protective equipment
- Occasional heavy lifting
People come to Lonza for the challenge and creativity of solving complex problems and developing new ideas in life sciences. In return, we offer the satisfaction that comes with improving lives all around the world. The satisfaction that comes with making a meaningful difference.
Lonza is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a qualified individual with disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.