Senior Scientist Pre-clinical Drug Product Manufacturing
Today Lonza is a global leader in life sciences. We are more than 15,000 employees in more than 100 locations around the world. While we work in science, there’s no magic formula to how we do it. Our greatest scientific solution is talented people working together, devising ideas that help businesses to help people. In exchange, we let our people own their careers. Their ideas, big and small, genuinely improve the world. And that’s the kind of work we want to be part of.
For Drug Product Services (DPS), our successful Contract Development and Manufacturing Organization (CDMO) branch, located in Basel, Switzerland and Stein, Switzerland, we have exciting opportunities. Become part of a group that enables its customers to meet some of the greatest challenges in patient treatment and join us by applying for the position as Senior Senior Scientist Pre-clinical Drug Product Manufacturing .
- Plan, execute and report pre-clinical drug product manufacturing for liquid and lyophilized parenteral drug products of biologics (e.g. monoclonal antibodies, novel formats, ADCs, peptides), peptides and small molecules
- Install, qualify, and maintain equipment for pre-clinical drug product manufacturing in close alignment with current best practices and regulations
- Ensure safety and health protection following lab and safety instructions
- Document data following applicable lab procedures and current documentation practices. Evaluate results and summarize in short reports
- Evaluate and implement new technologies, as required. Contribute to innovation, technical strategy projects and scientific publications
- Training on the job as e.g. lab technician, pharma technologist or a science /engineering degree (BSc, MSc) in a relevant discipline e.g. Pharmaceutical Sciences, Biochemistry, Biology, Biochemical Engineering
- Significant working experience as a research/technical assistant in the pharmaceutical or chemical industry, preferably in the pharmaceutical development
- Good working experience in relevant pharmaceutical development and analytical technologies
- Experience with parenteral dosage forms, protein formulation and analytics and aseptic working techniques
- Excellent communication, reporting, interpretation and documentation of scientific results skills
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment
- Good knowledge of written and spoken English
Every day, Lonza’s products and services have a positive impact on millions of people. For us, this is not only a great privilege, but also a great responsibility. How we achieve our business results is just as important as the achievements themselves. At Lonza, we respect and protect our people and our environment. Any success we achieve is no success at all if not achieved ethically.
People come to Lonza for the challenge and creativity of solving complex problems and developing new ideas in life sciences. In return, we offer the satisfaction that comes with improving lives all around the world. The satisfaction that comes with making a meaningful difference.