Senior Principal Scientist / Group Lead Combination Product and Primary Packaging
Today Lonza is a global leader in life sciences. We are more than 15,000 employees in more than 100 locations around the world. While we work in science, there’s no magic formula to how we do it. Our greatest scientific solution is talented people working together, devising ideas that help businesses to help people. In exchange, we let our people own their careers. Their ideas, big and small, genuinely improve the world. And that’s the kind of work we want to be part of.
For Drug Product Services (DPS), our successful Contract Development and Manufacturing Organization (CDMO) branch, located in Basel, Switzerland and Stein, Switzerland, we have exciting opportunities. Become part of a group that enables its customers to meet some of the greatest challenges in patient treatment and join us by applying for the position as Senior Principal Scientist / Group Lead Combination Product and Primary Packaging.
- Responsible for design, execution and delivery of packaging and combination-product testing studies for vials, pre-filled syringes and auto-injectors drug products of biologics, peptides and small molecules
- Design, execute and deliver combination-product risk assessments, design verification and management of design history files
- Lead packaging and combination-product customer projects in context of the product development using analytical and pharmaceutical testing methods (e.g.: DIN ISO functionality tests, CCI testing, etc.)
- Manage a team and ensure effective use of resources (time, personnel, equipment, material, rooms), maintenance of equipment, order and safety and health protection
- Follow lab and safety instructions, guidance and cGMP regulations
- Ensure proper documentation of work (e.g. development reports, support for preparation of regulatory documents including risk assessment and design history files)
- Participate in multi-disciplinary project teams and collaborate across Lonza Pharma & Biotech
- Support method development and implementation of combination-product test methods in the quality control department
- MSc or Ph.D. in Engineering, Pharmaceutical Sciences or related fields
- Significant working experience dev development in the biotech / pharma industry
- Knowledge of technical issues and requirements for development of combination product injectables
- Good experience in relevant combination product / pharmaceutical development and analytical technologies
- Skilled in reporting, interpretation and documentation of scientific results
- Excellent communication, supervisory, planning and organizational skills
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment
- Excellent knowledge of written and spoken English
Every day, Lonza’s products and services have a positive impact on millions of people. For us, this is not only a great privilege, but also a great responsibility. How we achieve our business results is just as important as the achievements themselves. At Lonza, we respect and protect our people and our environment. Any success we achieve is no success at all if not achieved ethically.
People come to Lonza for the challenge and creativity of solving complex problems and developing new ideas in life sciences. In return, we offer the satisfaction that comes with improving lives all around the world. The satisfaction that comes with making a meaningful difference.