Associate Principal Scientist Formulation Development, DPS
Today Lonza is a global leader in life sciences. We are more than 15,000 employees in more than 100 locations around the world. While we work in science, there’s no magic formula to how we do it. Our greatest scientific solution is talented people working together, devising ideas that help businesses to help people. In exchange, we let our people own their careers. Their ideas, big and small, genuinely improve the world. And that’s the kind of work we want to be part of.
For Drug Product Services (DPS), our successful Contract Development and Manufacturing Organization (CDMO) branch, located in Basel, Switzerland and Stein, Switzerland, we have exciting opportunities. Become part of a group that enables its customers to meet some of the greatest challenges in patient treatment and join us by applying for the position as Scientist Formulation Development.
- Responsible for the design, execution and delivery of formulation and process development studies for liquid and lyophilized parenteral drug products of biologics (e.g. monoclonal antibodies, novel formats, ADCs, peptides), peptides and small molecules.
- Develops and implements formulation, primary packaging (container closure system), and dosage form configuration to ensure stability, manufacturability, reliability and customer satisfaction
- Analyses formulations in context of the product development using analytical and pharmaceutical test methods (such as rheology, chromatography, electrophoresis)
- Critically review and interpret raw data and information. Interprets results and proposes next steps.
- Ensure documentation of work (e.g. development reports, support for preparation of regulatory documents)
- Participate in multi-disciplined project teams.
- Regularly contributes to improvements, explores new technologies and leads integration of activities across scientific areas
- Enable innovation and technical strategy projects, generate IP and contribute to scientific publications and conference talks, and evaluate and implement of new methods and technologies, as required and promote Lonza at industry events and in respected publications
- Ph.D. in pharmaceutical sciences, chemistry, biochemistry, or related fields
- Experience with parenteral dosage forms, protein formulation and analytics and aseptic working techniques
- Excellent communication skills with, excellent command of English both written and spoken
- Excellent reporting and scientific skills
- Capability to work independently and in a team environment
Every day, Lonza’s products and services have a positive impact on millions of people. For us, this is not only a great privilege, but also a great responsibility. How we achieve our business results is just as important as the achievements themselves. At Lonza, we respect and protect our people and our environment. Any success we achieve is no success at all if not achieved ethically.
People come to Lonza for the challenge and creativity of solving complex problems and developing new ideas in life sciences. In return, we offer the satisfaction that comes with improving lives all around the world. The satisfaction that comes with making a meaningful difference.