Sr. Scientist, Solid Form Services
United States, Bend (Oregon)
Today Lonza is a global leader in life sciences. We are more than 15,000 employees in more than 100 locations around the world. While we work in science, there’s no magic formula to how we do it. Our greatest scientific solution is talented people working together, devising ideas that help businesses to help people. In exchange, we let our people own their careers. Their ideas, big and small, genuinely improve the world. And that’s the kind of work we want to be part of.
Lonza Pharma & Biotech has an opening for an Senior Scientist, Solid Form Solutions at our Bend, OR location.
The Sr. Scientist, Solid Form Solutions will report to the Associate Director, Research & Development and will participate in planning and executing experiments in solid form preparation, selection, and characterization. .
- Demonstrate a high proficiency in a broad range of techniques and practices; demonstrate deep expertise in at least one technical subject area
- Use knowledge of solid state chemistry to design and execute experiments pertaining to the understanding, selection and/or development of polymorphs, solvates, hydrates, salts, cocrystals and/or amorphous materials
Lead innovation in solid form preparation, characterization, and selection
- Contribute to the establishment of intellectual property and regulatory documents needed by clients
- Independently seek out and effectively apply knowledge from the literature or other external sources
- Act as a technical and professional mentor for less experienced colleagues
- Effectively communicate scientific concepts internally and externally in verbal and written format, including preparing guidance documents and publishing results
- Exhibit leadership in scientific thought, in operational execution, and in supporting clients
- Participate in research, development and transfer of drug delivery innovations within Lonza
- Apply knowledge of fundamental science to help provide innovative solutions for challenging problems related to drug delivery technologies
- Assist in the creation of intellectual property and achievement of strategic deliverables
- Presents experimental findings, interpretation, and recommendations to clients via reports, presentations, and meetings
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree in Science
- Significant scientific research and development experience required
- Possess the capability to design and conduct experiments, analyze data, and clearly communicate results in a multidisciplinary team environment
- Demonstrate deep expertise in the design, execution, and reporting of work pertaining to solid state selection and characterization
- Demonstrate high standard of ethics, integrity and professionalism
- Will handle hazardous materials and occasionally work in confined spaces
- Must be able to work while wearing personal protective equipment
- Occasional heavy lifting
People come to Lonza for the challenge and creativity of solving complex problems and developing new ideas in life sciences. In return, we offer the satisfaction that comes with improving lives all around the world. The satisfaction that comes with making a meaningful difference.
Lonza is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a qualified individual with disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.