Territory Sales Manager (New York, New Jersey or Philadelphia)
United States, Morristown (New Jersey)
Today Lonza is a global leader in life sciences. We are more than 15,000 employees in more than 100 locations around the world. While we work in science, there’s no magic formula to how we do it. Our greatest scientific solution is talented people working together, devising ideas that help businesses to help people. In exchange, we let our people own their careers. Their ideas, big and small, genuinely improve the world. And that’s the kind of work we want to be part of.
Great opportunity for a Territory Sales Manager with Lonza, based in the NJ/NY/PA area. This position will be responsible for managing a sales territory covering the Lonza Capsules & Health Ingredients (CHI) focusing on the generics pharmaceutical market. The Territory Sales Manager (TSM) will work with existing customers as well as prospecting for new customers, while keeping management informed of market conditions and competitive activities. In addition, the TSM will collaborate closely with Account Solutions Representatives, Sales Managers, Field Service Engineers, Quality and Business Development colleagues to ensure customer needs are being properly fulfilled and annual territory sales targets are achieved.
- Visit prospects/customers to understand customer needs, then partner with operations management to adjust procedurally to fulfill customer needs and exceed their expectations.
- Visit customers to resolve customer concerns and ensure written visit reports are kept in a timely and accurate fashion.
- Establish visit frequencies with customers to accomplish annual growth objectives
- Provide market feedback to colleagues and regional management regarding competitive activities (i.e. pricing, quality, new product introductions, sales force changes, etc.)
- Introduce all aspects of CHN product and dosage forms solutions to potential customers through prospect R&D and Marketing groups, with support from Business Development, Marketing and Sales.
- Attend trade shows and conventions to represent CHI, build pipeline of new customers, gain market insights, discuss product and dosage form solutions offerings.
- Provide forecast for customer accounts
- Develop multiple department multi-level contacts at key customers
- Entertain targeted customers and prospects from time to time to solidify our business relationships.
- Maintain up to date Territory and Account Management Plans
- Bachelor’s Degree in business, life sciences or technical discipline required.
- Significant sales experience (business-to-business sales strongly preferred) to include contacts with Purchasing, Production, R&D, Marketing and Quality
- Experience in a related industry preferred
- Ability to multi-task and manage resources to maximize territory performance
- Experienced making presentations with both external and internal customers
- Must be capable of making on the spot sales decisions through negotiations with customers that can have a major impact on the CHI business
- Must manage the team selling approach serving as the leader among the Account Solutions Representatives and the Field Service Engineers in support of all territory accounts
- Must have interpersonal effectiveness and patience in handling all aspects of external and internal customer interactions and have demonstrated the ability to be a team player
- Must be able to travel to accounts/sales meetings domestically (50%); occasional international travel may be required
Every day, Lonza’s products and services have a positive impact on millions of people. For us, this is not only a great privilege, but also a great responsibility. How we achieve our business results is just as important as the achievements themselves. At Lonza, we respect and protect our people and our environment. Any success we achieve is no success at all if not achieved ethically.
People come to Lonza for the challenge and creativity of solving complex problems and developing new ideas in life sciences. In return, we offer the satisfaction that comes with improving lives all around the world. The satisfaction that comes with making a meaningful difference.
Lonza is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a qualified individual with disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.