Project Engineer / CAPEX Lead
Today Lonza is a global leader in life sciences. We are more than 15,000 employees in more than 100 locations around the world. While we work in science, there’s no magic formula to how we do it. Our greatest scientific solution is talented people working together, devising ideas that help businesses to help people. In exchange, we let our people own their careers. Their ideas, big and small, genuinely improve the world. And that’s the kind of work we want to be part of.
Lonza Guangzhou Nansha Ltd was established in April 2003, expanding Lonza’s global presence for chemical manufacturing and life science ingredients. You will lead the CAPEX projects and is responsible for planning, managing and executing projects within SGIE API Nansha. This includes the co-ordination of activities at the Nansha LPBN site and involving multinational parties, whilst providing leadership to the project teams.
- Responsible for planning & delivery of project goals in terms of cost, time, functionality, regulations, cGMP, safety and according to expectations.
- Establishing project charter including scope of work, goals and deliverables together with the relevant project champion to support business objectives in collaboration with senior management and stakeholders within the BU and Site.
- Identifying and recommending the internal and / or external resources to reach the project goals and managing day-to-day operational aspects of projects including the selection and activities of EPCM (contractors) and other external engineering resources.
- Establishing the project team/structure necessary to reach the project goals and ensures appropriate coaching/development/performance feedback to all indirect matrix reports in order to develop a strong and competent team.
- Performing project controls for cost and schedule according to engineering standards. Measure progress, make forecasts, create reports. Initiate preventative and corrective actions accordingly
- Ensuring compliance with all pertinent safety policies, rules and regulations.
- Performing other duties as assigned.
- Master degree majoring in engineering (process, pharmaceutical, (bio)chemical engineering or equivalent)
- Extensive experiences in project engineering and project management for chemical, biochemical, pharmaceutical industries or facility layout and optimization or equivalent
- Experienced in cGMP & familiar with Chinese Engineering & Safety codes
- A Strong leader, a motivating team player who can drive results with excellent communication skills and experience in managing matrix-based cross-functional teams.
- Solid internal & external collaboration, influencing skills and the ability to lead diverse, cross-functional teams in the successful delivery of projects.
- Excellent command of Chinese & good English skills oral and writing
- Experience at working both independently and in a team-oriented, collaborative environment is essential.
- Strong oral communication, writing skills & interpersonal skills.
Every day, Lonza's products and services have a positive impact on millions of people. For us, this is not only a great privilege, but also a great responsibility. How we achieve our business results is just as important as the achievements themselves. At Lonza, we respect and protect our people and our environment. Any success we achieve is no success at all if not achieved ethically.
People come to Lonza for the challenge and creativity of solving complex problems and developing new ideas in life sciences. In return, we offer the satisfaction that comes with improving lives all around the world. The satisfaction that comes with making a meaningful difference.