Today Lonza is a global leader in life sciences. We are more than 15,000 employees in more than 100 locations around the world. While we work in science, there’s no magic formula to how we do it. Our greatest scientific solution is talented people working together, devising ideas that help businesses to help people. In exchange, we let our people own their careers. Their ideas, big and small, genuinely improve the world. And that’s the kind of work we want to be part of.
For our site in Visp we are looking for a Chemist for our Launchplant. You will manage operational activities of assigned manufacturing projects with overall responsibility for manufacturing execution with regard to safety, quality and on-time in-full delivery. You will lead an interdisciplinary team of production leaders, supervisors and specialists. Be accountable for the performance and results of the assigned projects including cost control.
- Lead multi-disciplinary project teams as Functional Lead for all manufacturing aspects of assigned products
- Hold responsibility for preparation and execution of risk analysis for assigned products and the implementation and control of defined measures in an independent manner
- Be responsible for the documentation of processes and process Know-How with corresponding reports according to the asset- or product specific requirements
- Responsible for cost calculation to plan the production. Overview of costs during production are taken into account for the subsequent performance assessment
- Ensure that state-of-the-art regulatory requirements are implemented in corresponding assets and products
- Be responsible for continuous improvement in related products, assets and procedures taking the established operational excellence methods into account
- Driving continuous improvement in production area for quality, cost, efficiency and safety. This includes technical guidance to teams in investment projects and process adaptations
- Ensure training of operators for the manufacturing of assigned products
- Support Plant Manager (Produktionsleiter, Anlageteamleiter) and Head Manufacturing Staff in training and planning tasks
- Represent LONZA Manufacturing unit during customer audits and visits
- Execute innovation and improvement projects comprising general manufacturing aspects of the production plant
- Ensure a high level of technical and process standardization within the production plant
- Act as manufacturing project leader or team member in CAPEX projects
- Bachelor / Master’s degree, preferably in Chemistry, Chemical Engineering, Biotechnology or related discipline
- Good experience in chemical or biotechnical manufacturing (e.g. as production chemist/biologist, MSAT expert, engineering)
- Broad chemical or biotechnology expertise and/or knowledge in chemical/biotechnical engineering
- Deep GMP knowledge
- Fluency in English and German
- Understanding of business and financial processes
- Leadership skills
- Very good communication skills and interaction with all kinds of interfaces within the organization
- Strong team orientation
- Structured, focused and well-organized working attitude
- Solution-oriented, open-minded for new ideas and suggestions
- High motivation and dynamic drive
Every day, Lonza’s products and services have a positive impact on millions of people. For us, this is not only a great privilege, but also a great responsibility. How we achieve our business results is just as important as the achievements themselves. At Lonza, we respect and protect our people and our environment. Any success we achieve is no success at all if not achieved ethically.
People come to Lonza for the challenge and creativity of solving complex problems and developing new ideas in life sciences. In return, we offer the satisfaction that comes with improving lives all around the world. The satisfaction that comes with making a meaningful difference.