Scientist Extractables Leachables
Today Lonza is a global leader in life sciences. We are more than 15,000 employees in more than 100 locations around the world. While we work in science, there’s no magic formula to how we do it. Our greatest scientific solution is talented people working together, devising ideas that help businesses to help people. In exchange, we let our people own their careers. Their ideas, big and small, genuinely improve the world. And that’s the kind of work we want to be part of.
For Drug Product Services (DPS), our successful Contract Development and Manufacturing Organization (CDMO) branch, located in Basel, Switzerland, we have exciting opportunities. Become part of a group that enables its customers to meet some of the greatest challenges in patient treatment and join us by applying for the position as Scientist Extractables / Leachables in DPS - Forensic Chemistry.
- Develop, establish and apply analytical methods and technologies for extractables / leachables (EL) laboratory studies
- Support other functions in Forensic Chemistry (e.g. trace analyses / mass spec / protein characterization / excipient analyses / subvisible and visible particle analyses / spectroscopy and imaging)
- Install, qualify and maintain instruments for EL analyses and other trace analytical methodologies in close alignment with current best practices and regulations
- Help establish DP analytical infrastructure and services for biologics, small molecule and peptide parenteral products for clinical and commercial products
- Ensure proper maintenance of equipment, safety and health protection following lab and safety instructions according to DPS regulations
- Evaluate and implement new methods and technologies, as required; participate and contribute to innovation, technical strategy projects and scientific publications
- Perform other duties as assigned (e.g. supervise, train and mentor junior lab scientists, interns and students to perform lab duties, carry out scientific research projects, routine measurements and other tasks as required)
- Bachelor's or Master's degree, or apprenticeship as analytical Lab Technician
- First experience as a research or technical laboratory scientist in the pharmaceutical or chemical industry, preferably in analytics
- Good working knowledge in relevant analytical techniques
- Experience with methodologies for trace analytics (HPLC, GC, HPLC-UV-MS, HS-GC-MS, GC-MS) and / or MS-based structure elucidation is an asset
- Good reporting, interpretation and documentation of scientific results
- Good communication skills with ability to work independently and in a team environment
- Detail oriented
- Good inter-personal skills, enthusiastic and open-minded
- Proactive attitude, willingness to learn and carry out new and complex tasks
- Good knowledge of written and spoken English
Every day, Lonza’s products and services have a positive impact on millions of people. For us, this is not only a great privilege, but also a great responsibility. How we achieve our business results is just as important as the achievements themselves. At Lonza, we respect and protect our people and our environment. Any success we achieve is no success at all if not achieved ethically.
People come to Lonza for the challenge and creativity of solving complex problems and developing new ideas in life sciences. In return, we offer the satisfaction that comes with improving lives all around the world. The satisfaction that comes with making a meaningful difference.