Technology Transfer Lead
Today Lonza is a global leader in life sciences. We are more than 15,000 employees in more than 100 locations around the world. While we work in science, there’s no magic formula to how we do it. Our greatest scientific solution is talented people working together, devising ideas that help businesses to help people. In exchange, we let our people own their careers. Their ideas, big and small, genuinely improve the world. And that’s the kind of work we want to be part of.
For Drug Product Services (DPS), our successful Contract Development and Manufacturing Organization (CDMO) branch, located in Basel and Stein, Switzerland, we have exciting opportunities. Become part of a group that enables its customers to meet some of the greatest challenges in patient treatment and join us by applying for the position as Technical Transfer Lead DPS.
- Manage technical activities for drug product transfers from clinical development to first commercial launch of assigned projects
- Define and monitor project scope, timing and progress
- Lead setup, scale-up and implementation of the technical drug product manufacturing processes at GMP DP manufacturing site(s) and provide technical on-site support
- Responsible for process implementation and technical transfer documentation
- Drive GMP change management strategy of assigned projects as well as initiate and manage GMP change control in system
- Lead and support critical GMP product / process deviations and corresponding implementation of corrective/preventive actions (CAPAs)
- Ensure all activities are performed according to current standards (Good Manufacturing Practice (cGMP), Health Safety Environment (HSE), Regulatory, etc.)
- Enable innovation and technical strategy projects, generate IP and contribute to scientific publications and conference talks, and evaluate and implement of new methods and technologies
- Ph.D. or Master in pharmaceutical sciences, pharmaceutical engineering, chemistry, biochemistry, or related fields or similar qualification
- Substantial experience in biotech / pharma industry
- Knowledge of technical issues and requirements for drug product technical transfers
- Know-how in aseptic product manufacture for protein drug products desirable
- Excellent communication skills and command of English both written and oral
- Good leadership and interpersonal skills; proven ability as team player and ability to manage cross-functional teams.
- Very good planning and organizing skills, including project management and risk management skills
Every day, Lonza’s products and services have a positive impact on millions of people. For us, this is not only a great privilege, but also a great responsibility. How we achieve our business results is just as important as the achievements themselves. At Lonza, we respect and protect our people and our environment. Any success we achieve is no success at all if not achieved ethically.
People come to Lonza for the challenge and creativity of solving complex problems and developing new ideas in life sciences. In return, we offer the satisfaction that comes with improving lives all around the world. The satisfaction that comes with making a meaningful difference.