United Kingdom, Slough
Today Lonza is a global leader in life sciences. We are more than 15,000 employees in more than 100 locations around the world. While we work in science, there’s no magic formula to how we do it. Our greatest scientific solution is talented people working together, devising ideas that help businesses to help people. In exchange, we let our people own their careers. Their ideas, big and small, genuinely improve the world. And that’s the kind of work we want to be part of.
This role will be part of a pilot batch execution team to execute the technical transfer of new or existing processes operations either Upstream (USP) or Downstream Process (DSP) working with both external and internal customers using a defined structured approach according to standard procedures.
Working closely with Process Development/R&T scientists and peers scientists in the NPI team ensuring effective communication. Contribute to planning logistics while acquiring experience in operating equipment and technical knowledge of USP or DSP operations for GMP manufacturing.
- Preparation of process descriptions, batch records for pilot batch execution, include ordering raw materials for either USP or DSP operations supervised closely in ensuring communication with process development R&T and New Product Introduction scientists within the MSAT team.
- Follow defined processes to plan and manage daily tasks in operating plant equipment and associated analytical technologies ensuring relevant transfer documentation is written and followed daily.
- Develop knowledge to resolve routine process issues and identify trends in data reviews. Be responsible for collating and analyzing batch data for preparation of process summary reports for the customer.
- Co-ordination and delivery of required pilot safety activities including but not limited to COSHH and operational risk assessments. Working with others responsible for writing and executing EHS protocols and improving pilot operations through on the job training and experience of pilot plant operations.
- Contributes to identifying and completing continuous improvement activities to reduce costs, increase yield and productivity for the area.
What we are looking for:
- BSc/BEng in Biological science or biochemical engineering disciplines
- Has experience with technical operations and associated equipment and analytical techniques in either USP or DSP areas
- Good interpersonal skills with ability to work cross functionally.
- Strong understanding of numerical data analysis, project management/technical documentation preparation.
- High attention to detail, proven problem solver, self-motivated and positive with a desire to develop technically in their area of expertise (USP or DSP)
Every day, Lonza’s products and services have a positive impact on millions of people. For us, this is not only a great privilege, but also a great responsibility. How we achieve our business results is just as important as the achievements themselves. At Lonza, we respect and protect our people and our environment. Any success we achieve is no success at all if not achieved ethically.
People come to Lonza for the challenge and creativity of solving complex problems and developing new ideas in life sciences. In return, we offer the satisfaction that comes with improving lives all around the world. The satisfaction that comes with making a meaningful difference.