Group Lead Physico-Chemical Quality Control
Today Lonza is a global leader in life sciences. We are more than 15,000 employees in more than 100 locations around the world. While we work in science, there’s no magic formula to how we do it. Our greatest scientific solution is talented people working together, devising ideas that help businesses to help people. In exchange, we let our people own their careers. Their ideas, big and small, genuinely improve the world. And that’s the kind of work we want to be part of.
For Drug Product Services (DPS), our successful Contract Development and Manufacturing Organization (CDMO) branch, located in Basel, Switzerland, we have exciting opportunities. Become part of a group that enables its customers to meet some of the greatest challenges in patient treatment and join us by applying for the position as Group Lead Physico-Chemical QC.
- Lead and manage a team of lab scientists within the Physico-Chemical Quality Control group
- In charge of successful delivery of work-packages to support method validation, release and stability testing of customer clinical programs under GMP and all applicable regulations
- Liaise with partner units within Lonza network to ensure the successful delivery of projects
- Ensure effective use of resources (time, personnel, equipment, material, rooms), maintenance of equipment as well as adherence to lab and safety instructions and guidance and cGMP regulations
- Establish Drug Product QC analytical infrastructure and services for biologics, small molecule and peptide parenterals for clinical and commercial products
- Properly maintain and qualify equipment, ensure safety and health protection following lab and safety instructions as well as cGMP regulations
- Supervise installation, qualification and maintenance of instruments for DP Physical Chemistry QC in close alignment with current best practices and regulations
- Establish analytical methods and technologies to support DP QC (e.g. HPLC and CE purity methods, content by UV, identity, color, clarity and opalescence, pH, osmolality, extractable volume, CCI, visual inspection, etc.)
- PhD or MSc in Analytical Chemistry, Biochemistry, Pharmaceutical Sciences or related field
- Working experience in Analytics or Quality Control, preferably under cGMP regulations
- Excellent working knowledge in all relevant analytical techniques
- Very good reporting and scientific skills
- Excellent ability to interpret complex analytical data
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment
- Excellent knowledge of written and spoken English
Every day, Lonza’s products and services have a positive impact on millions of people. For us, this is not only a great privilege, but also a great responsibility. How we achieve our business results is just as important as the achievements themselves. At Lonza, we respect and protect our people and our environment. Any success we achieve is no success at all if not achieved ethically.
People come to Lonza for the challenge and creativity of solving complex problems and developing new ideas in life sciences. In return, we offer the satisfaction that comes with improving lives all around the world. The satisfaction that comes with making a meaningful difference.