Senior Supply Chain Analyst
United States, Walkersville (Maryland)
Today Lonza is a global leader in life sciences. We are more than 15,000 employees in more than 100 locations around the world. While we work in science, there’s no magic formula to how we do it. Our greatest scientific solution is talented people working together, devising ideas that help businesses to help people. In exchange, we let our people own their careers. Their ideas, big and small, genuinely improve the world. And that’s the kind of work we want to be part of.
Lonza Walkersville is actively seeking an Senior Supply Chain Analyst to join our team! Supply Chain excellence is critical for Bioscience operations; the role of the Senior Supply Chain Analyst is crucial for a successful supply chain process flow and crucial for Bioscience in ensuring the right supply at the right time for our customers.
The Senior Supply Chain Analystleads and supports the life cycle of customer orders for Bioscience, ensuring all promise dates are managed to achieve required customer service levels. Additionally, the Senior Supply Chain Analyst provides reports and analysis to support Business Unit decision-making and reporting.
This position has a significant role in the monthly sales target setting process and is involved in projects aiming to improve the existing flows.
- Responsible for Lonza Walkersville’s customer process flow ensuring that sales commitments are met on time and in full.
- Identifies challenges and participates in the resolution of gaps to drive the team in achieving a 95% OTIF rate.
- Leads/participates in all release process meetings to track and aide in the process flow.
- Monitors inventory to ensure proper FEFO.
- Leads/participates in DRB activities.
- Participates in the Cross-Functional Supply Meeting for all of Bioscience.
- Identifies gaps in supply and participates in pre-S&OP meetings where resolutions occur.
- Accountability for balancing supply and demand through supply planning in collaboration with all relevant stakeholders while utilizing Lonza standard planning systems.
- Provide support to all Program and Product Managers.
- Works within teams, providing supporting data and analysis to ensure proper constrained supply plan is executed.
- Monitors and reports KPIs. Ensures master data is accurate and maintained.
- Assists in financial planning and supply target-setting process for the business.
- Bachelor’s Degree in a scientific field or equivalent through experience. Bachelor’s degree in Supply Chain or other related field would be a plus.
- Significant planning and scheduling experience in an operations/supply chain function, preferably within the biotech business or field, or other fast moving consumer goods industry
- APICS Certification a plus.
- Knowledge of ERP/ MRP (materials requirements planning) Systems and working in a Supply Chain Organization. Experience and knowledge in SAP.
- Understanding operational and business drivers and financials.
- Inventory Management experience.
- Leadership, facilitation skills, strong written and verbal communication skills- to work internally and externally at all levels of management and with peers, computer skills, analytical skills, able to analyze data and draw conclusions & make recommendations, problem solving skills, thorough understanding of financial practices
- Attention to detail, analytical, quick thinker and problem solver, demanding, results orientated, action driven, resilient – ability to remain on-track and focused under pressure and in the light of unforeseen challenges, develop strong working relationships with team, ability to find creative solutions to issues and obstacles, very good communicator, team player, positive, confident, responsive to end-users needs and requests, flexible.
Every day, Lonza’s products and services have a positive impact on millions of people. For us, this is not only a great privilege, but also a great responsibility. How we achieve our business results is just as important as the achievements themselves. At Lonza, we respect and protect our people and our environment. Any success we achieve is no success at all if not achieved ethically.
People come to Lonza for the challenge and creativity of solving complex problems and developing new ideas in life sciences. In return, we offer the satisfaction that comes with improving lives all around the world. The satisfaction that comes with making a meaningful difference.
Lonza is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a qualified individual with disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.