Today Lonza is a global leader in life sciences. We are more than 15,000 employees in more than 100 locations around the world. While we work in science, there’s no magic formula to how we do it. Our greatest scientific solution is talented people working together, devising ideas that help businesses to help people. In exchange, we let our people own their careers. Their ideas, big and small, genuinely improve the world. And that’s the kind of work we want to be part of.
For Drug Product Services (DPS), our successful Contract Development and Manufacturing Organization (CDMO) branch, located in Basel, Switzerland, we have exciting opportunities. Become part of a group that enables its customers to meet some of the greatest challenges in patient treatment and join us by applying for the position as Scientist Bioanalytics.
- Plan, execute and document analytical laboratory work for biologics, vaccines and CGT products for pre-clinical, clinical as well as commercial products
- Transfer, develop, validate and apply analytical methods, including ELISA/LBA, cell-based assays, Biacore, qPCR, flow cytometry, etc.
- Responsible for maintaining lab equipment and organize reagent supplies
- Transfer established methods to automated systems
- Ensure GMP-compliant documentation and process handling
- Contribute to scientific field or technique by solving scientific challenges within the department
- Training as Technical assistant, Bachelor, or Master’s Degree in Biochemistry, Biotechnology or related Life Science subject
- Experience working within the Bio-Pharmaceutical industry as a research or technical assistance
- Knowledgeable in several analytical methodologies, including mammalian cell culture, preparation of primary cells, ligand-binding assays (ELISA, HTRF, ECL), surface plasmon resonance, qPCR, automation, flow cytometry, etc.
- Experience with cGMP documentation
- Excellent communication skills
- Good knowledge of written and spoken English
Every day, Lonza’s products and services have a positive impact on millions of people. For us, this is not only a great privilege, but also a great responsibility. How we achieve our business results is just as important as the achievements themselves. At Lonza, we respect and protect our people and our environment. Any success we achieve is no success at all if not achieved ethically.
People come to Lonza for the challenge and creativity of solving complex problems and developing new ideas in life sciences. In return, we offer the satisfaction that comes with improving lives all around the world. The satisfaction that comes with making a meaningful difference.