Principal Scientist / Group Lead Bioanalytics
Today Lonza is a global leader in life sciences. We are more than 15,000 employees in more than 100 locations around the world. While we work in science, there’s no magic formula to how we do it. Our greatest scientific solution is talented people working together, devising ideas that help businesses to help people. In exchange, we let our people own their careers. Their ideas, big and small, genuinely improve the world. And that’s the kind of work we want to be part of.
For Drug Product Services (DPS), our successful Contract Development and Manufacturing Organization (CDMO) branch, located in Basel, Switzerland, we have exciting opportunities. Become part of a group that enables its customers to meet some of the greatest challenges in patient treatment and join us by applying for the position as Principal Scientist / Group Lead Bioanalytics.
- Hold responsibility for planning, review and approval of analytical laboratory work for biologics, including method transfer and validation including different modalities (e.g. antibodies, ADCs, recombinant proteins, vaccines and CGT products) for pre-clinical, clinical and commercial products
- Responsible for analytical methods such as ELISA/LBA (with focus on automation), Biacore, qPCR, nephelometry, flow cytometry, etc.
- Act as point of contact for customers and Bioassay project leads
- Take care of qualification of new instrumentation and maintaining lab equipment
- Transfer established methods to an automated system
- Handle GMP-compliant documentation and processes
- Contribute to scientific field or technique by solving scientific problems within the department
- Presenting work at scientific conferences or in peer-reviewed publications
- Ph.D. or Master’s Degree in Biochemistry, Biotechnology or related Life Science subject
- Significant work experience in the biopharmaceutical industry
- Knowledge of several analytical methodologies, including lab automation, ligand binding assays (ELISA, HTRF, ECL), surface plasmon resonance, mammalian cell culture, preparation of primary cells, qPCR, flow cytometry, etc.
- Familiarity of working with electronic documentation systems (laboratory notebook, document management, LIMS)
- Excellent communication skills
Every day, Lonza’s products and services have a positive impact on millions of people. For us, this is not only a great privilege, but also a great responsibility. How we achieve our business results is just as important as the achievements themselves. At Lonza, we respect and protect our people and our environment. Any success we achieve is no success at all if not achieved ethically.
People come to Lonza for the challenge and creativity of solving complex problems and developing new ideas in life sciences. In return, we offer the satisfaction that comes with improving lives all around the world. The satisfaction that comes with making a meaningful difference.