Operator, GFT Relief
United States, Greenwood (South Carolina)
Today Lonza is a global leader in life sciences. We are more than 15,000 employees in more than 100 locations around the world. While we work in science, there’s no magic formula to how we do it. Our greatest scientific solution is talented people working together, devising ideas that help businesses to help people. In exchange, we let our people own their careers. Their ideas, big and small, genuinely improve the world. And that’s the kind of work we want to be part of.
The gel prep relief operator is responsible for performing tasks throughout the Gel Prep area from obtaining raw materials, adding raw materials, making gelatin feed tanks (GFTs), and performing viscosity and/or color checks and adjustments. GFT operator is in charge of preparing the gelatin to feed Hard Capsule Machine.
- Perform tasks and responsibilities of an Equipment Cleaner, Filler Operator, Gel Melt Operator, Dye Operator and Gel Prep Operator
- Equipment Cleaner: Responsible for cleaning and sanitizing all equipment used in Gelatin Preparation and capsule production areas
- Filler Operator: Responsible for preparing and adding ingredients to Gelatin Feed Tanks (GFT) for empty capsule production.
- Gel Melt Operator: The gel melt operator is responsible for obtaining raw materials needed to make gelatin melts and Titanium Dioxide (TiO2) to fulfill the dispensing needs of the Gel Prep area while supporting the manufacture of hard capsules. This position will follow all plant policies and safety guidelines at Lonza.
- Dye Operator:
- Gel Prep Operator: Prepares gelatin feed tanks to supply Hard Capsule Machines (HCM) while meeting gelatin standards and customer specification.
- Manage all activities as needed within Gel Melt/Dye Prep
- Responsible for trim recycling and GFT tank pulling
- Responsible for cleaning and sanitizing equipment and/or work area
- Maintain production records as required by Good Manufacturing Practices
- Must be able to work 12-hour shifts, including weekends, holidays, etc.
- Must be able to work additional hours/days as business needs dictate
- Attendance in the plant site is considered an essential function
- High School Diploma
- Must score a 50 or less on Color Test
- Must have passing scores of 4 on all required Work Keys (Math, Reading, Locating, and Observation) and a 36 on Bennett Mechanical Testing
- Ability to work with percentages, decimals, and fractions and do related calculations
- Ability to accurately use precision weighing equipment
- Lift, push, and pull objects up to 50 lbs.
- Basic computer skills
Every day, Lonza’s products and services have a positive impact on millions of people. For us, this is not only a great privilege, but also a great responsibility. How we achieve our business results is just as important as the achievements themselves. At Lonza, we respect and protect our people and our environment. Any success we achieve is no success at all if not achieved ethically.
People come to Lonza for the challenge and creativity of solving complex problems and developing new ideas in life sciences. In return, we offer the satisfaction that comes with improving lives all around the world. The satisfaction that comes with making a meaningful difference.
Lonza is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a qualified individual with disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.