Digital Marketing Manager
Today Lonza is a global leader in life sciences. We are more than 15,000 employees in more than 100 locations around the world. While we work in science, there’s no magic formula to how we do it. Our greatest scientific solution is talented people working together, devising ideas that help businesses to help people. In exchange, we let our people own their careers. Their ideas, big and small, genuinely improve the world. And that’s the kind of work we want to be part of.
Lonza is actively seeking a highly-creative Digital Marketing Manager for our marketing team. In this position, you will be responsible for all aspects of managing our digital assets and digital campaign execution. As the digital subject matter expert for the Lonza CHI (Capsule & Health Ingredients) business unit, this individual will develop the direction and transformation of the digital function while collaborating with marketing colleagues.
Responsibilities will include planning, implementing, and monitoring our digital marketing campaigns across all digital networks. Our ideal candidate is someone with experience in content management systems, marketing automation and CRMs, and social media management. In addition to being an outstanding communicator, you will also demonstrate excellent interpersonal and analytical skills.
- Develops digital marketing strategy by understanding market dynamics and trends, working with Product Line Managers to identifying customers and their current and future needs, and monitoring the competition.
- Develops and maintains business unit website(s) and microsites.
- Responsible for organic and paid growth strategies, SEO, SEM and analytics
- Design lead nurturing workflows that identify and maximize customer touchpoints across multiple digital channels.
- Ensure alignment between digital presence and strategic business objectives focusing on the customer experience
- Designs, builds and maintains social media presence.
- Measures and reports performance of all digital marketing campaigns and assesses against goals (ROI and KPIs).
- Identify digital marketing trends and insights, and optimize spend and performance based on the insights.
- Brainstorms new and creative growth strategies through digital marketing.
- Ensure digital marketing systems are optimized for campaign execution and reporting.
- Utilizes strong analytical ability to evaluate end-to-end customer experience across multiple channels and customer touch points.
- Provide guidance and consultation to key internal stakeholders on digital strategies, tactics and processes for effective marketing communications initiatives.
- Demonstrated experience managing B2B/B2C digital marketing campaigns
- Proven working experience in digital marketing, particularly within the industry
- Demonstrable experience leading and managing SEO/SEM, marketing database, email, social media, and/or digital advertising campaigns
- Expert knowledge of marketing automation tools/software and ESP (Marketo, Pardot, Constant Contact, MailChimp, etc.)
- Experience using multiple website content management systems (Sitecore, Wordpress, etc.)
- Experience with A/B and multivariate experiments
- Solid knowledge of CRM software and reporting (Salesforce, Microsoft Dynamics, etc.)
- Solid knowledge of website and marketing analytics tools (e.g., Google Analytics, Google Search Console, Google Tag Manager, SEMRush, etc.)
- Working knowledge of ad serving tools
- Experience in setting up and optimizing PPC campaigns on all major search engines
- Previous experience of working within a role where coordination, prioritization and project management skills are required.
- Ability to lead activities, projects and coordinate with multiple functional areas
- Able to plan, organize and establish priorities
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively in a group setting to meet timelines
- Excellent communication skills
Every day, Lonza’s products and services have a positive impact on millions of people. For us, this is not only a great privilege, but also a great responsibility. How we achieve our business results is just as important as the achievements themselves. At Lonza, we respect and protect our people and our environment. Any success we achieve is no success at all if not achieved ethically.
People come to Lonza for the challenge and creativity of solving complex problems and developing new ideas in life sciences. In return, we offer the satisfaction that comes with improving lives all around the world. The satisfaction that comes with making a meaningful difference.
Lonza is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a qualified individual with disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.