Associate Director, Digital Marketing
United States, Morristown (New Jersey)
Today Lonza is a global leader in life sciences. We are more than 15,000 employees in more than 100 locations around the world. While we work in science, there’s no magic formula to how we do it. Our greatest scientific solution is talented people working together, devising ideas that help businesses to help people. In exchange, we let our people own their careers. Their ideas, big and small, genuinely improve the world. And that’s the kind of work we want to be part of.
Lonza is actively seeking a highly-creative Associate Director, Digital Marketing to lead and develop our digital marketing platform for Lonza CHI (Capsule & Health Ingredients) group. This individual will help CHI engage in new segmented business-to-business (B2B) tactics and grow our brand’s influence for our portfolio while also increasing brand loyalty and awareness.
Responsibilities will include planning, implementing, and monitoring our digital marketing campaigns across all digital networks. Our ideal candidate is someone with experience in marketing, creative direction and digital platforms. management. In addition to being an outstanding communicator, you will also demonstrate excellent interpersonal and analytical skills.
- Develops digital marketing strategy by understanding market dynamics, tracking customer’s trends and monitoring the competition.
- Plans and executes all web, Search Engine Optimization (SEO)/Search Engine Marketing (SEM), database marketing, email, social media, and display advertising campaigns.
- Designs, builds, and maintains our social media presence.
- Contributes to marketing effectiveness by identifying short-term and long-range issues that must be addressed.
- Measures and reports performance of all digital marketing campaigns and assesses against goals (ROI and KPIs).
- Identifies trends and insights, and optimizes spend and performance based on the insights.
- Brainstorms new and creative growth strategies through digital marketing.
- Plans, executes, and measures experiments and conversion tests.
- Collaborates with internal teams to create landing pages and optimize user experience.
- Utilizes strong analytical ability to evaluate end-to-end customer experience across multiple channels and customer touch points.
- Identifies critical conversion points and drop off points and optimizes user funnels.
- Maintains digital marketing staff by recruiting, selecting, orienting, and training employees.
- Maintains digital marketing staff job results by counseling and disciplining employees; and planning, monitoring, and appraising job results.
- Develops digital marketing staff by providing information, educational opportunities, and experiential growth opportunities.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Information Technology (IT) or Marketing; Master’s Degree in Business is preferred
- Demonstrated significant experience managing digital platforms in multi-million B2B environment
- Proven working experience in digital marketing, particularly within the industry
- Demonstrable experience leading and managing SEO/SEM, marketing database, email, social media, and/or display advertising campaigns
- Experience in optimizing landing pages and user funnels
- Solid knowledge of website and marketing analytics tools
- Working knowledge of ad serving tools
- Experience in setting up and optimizing PPC campaigns on all major search engines
- Understanding of HTML and web development tools
- Previous experience of working within a role where coordination, prioritization and project management skills are required.
- Ability to lead activities, projects and coordinate with multiple functional areas
- Able to plan, organize and establish priorities
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively in a group setting to meet timelines
- Excellent communication skills
Every day, Lonza’s products and services have a positive impact on millions of people. For us, this is not only a great privilege, but also a great responsibility. How we achieve our business results is just as important as the achievements themselves. At Lonza, we respect and protect our people and our environment. Any success we achieve is no success at all if not achieved ethically.
People come to Lonza for the challenge and creativity of solving complex problems and developing new ideas in life sciences. In return, we offer the satisfaction that comes with improving lives all around the world. The satisfaction that comes with making a meaningful difference.
Lonza is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a qualified individual with disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.