Operator, GFT Relief
United States, Greenwood (South Carolina)
Today Lonza is a global leader in life sciences. We are more than 15,000 employees in more than 100 locations around the world. While we work in science, there’s no magic formula to how we do it. Our greatest scientific solution is talented people working together, devising ideas that help businesses to help people. In exchange, we let our people own their careers. Their ideas, big and small, genuinely improve the world. And that’s the kind of work we want to be part of.
The GFT Relief Operator prepares gelatin feed tanks to supply the Hard Capsule Machines, while meeting gelatin standards and customer specifications. The GFT Operator also completes Gel Melts and is trained on all roles within Gel Melt/Dye Prep
- Prepare gelatin feed tanks that are used on the HCM machines to produce capsules.
- Manages all activities as needed within Gel Melt/Dye Prep.
- Responsible for trim recycling and GFT tank pulling.
- Maintains production records as required by Good Manufacturing Practices.
- Performs basic maintenance on equipment.
- Accountable for departmental housekeeping duties including cleaning floors and equipment at the end of each shift.
- Must be able to work 12 hour shifts, which may include weekends, holidays, etc.
- Must be able to work additional hours/days as business needs dictate.
- Attendance in the plant site is considered an essential function
- High school graduate or GED equivalent
- Must have passed Work Keys and Bennett Mechanical testing
- Must score 50 or below on the Color Test
Every day, Lonza’s products and services have a positive impact on millions of people. For us, this is not only a great privilege, but also a great responsibility. How we achieve our business results is just as important as the achievements themselves. At Lonza, we respect and protect our people and our environment. Any success we achieve is no success at all if not achieved ethically.
People come to Lonza for the challenge and creativity of solving complex problems and developing new ideas in life sciences. In return, we offer the satisfaction that comes with improving lives all around the world. The satisfaction that comes with making a meaningful difference.
Lonza is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a qualified individual with disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.