Specialist, Demand Fulfillment
United States, Greenwood (South Carolina)
Today Lonza is a global leader in life sciences. We are more than 15,000 employees in more than 100 locations around the world. While we work in science, there’s no magic formula to how we do it. Our greatest scientific solution is talented people working together, devising ideas that help businesses to help people. In exchange, we let our people own their careers. Their ideas, big and small, genuinely improve the world. And that’s the kind of work we want to be part of.
This position is in the MRP buying and planning part of enabling our customers to build brands and stand out from their competition by delivering interesting products from high quality ingredients and/or innovative dosage forms, typically in the health and nutrition space. By dosage form, we mostly mean capsules filled with interesting materials. If you are someone who can be in the details, create/manage schedules and has experience guiding vendors to deliver unique, complex and sometimes even rare materials predictably, we want you to come be a part of our team.
Don’t ignore this opportunity. This isn’t a boring MRP buyer role that sends PO’s without really knowing what you’re buying or why you’re buying it. You will be in the middle of everything in our business, problem solving and building stability in and around our schedules, vendors and customers daily as we make complex things happen predictably.
- Place orders on vendors for materials supporting a diverse/evolving business
- Expedite orders from procurement of raw materials through shipping finished goods, involving daily communication with Operations and Customer Service
- Identify inefficiencies in the order fulfillment process and quantify the impact and frequency
- Manage inventory and stock strategies for many products and raw materials, across multiple business segments
- Develop and implement improvement projects as needed to improve areas where inefficiencies are identified
- Planning production/procurement horizons to support customer needs
- Support forecasting for product demand and supply
- Bachelors degree in Business, Engineering, or related field
- Demonstrated experience in project development, leadership, and implementation.
- SAP/APO expertise
- Demonstrated end-to-end supply chain savviness
- Exceptional communications skills to all levels of organizations both internal and on the customer side
- Highly self-motivated with ability to drive positive change by team building and gaining support from people and resources across the enterprise, entrepreneurial.
- Excellent PC skills and technical savvy
Every day, Lonza’s products and services have a positive impact on millions of people. For us, this is not only a great privilege, but also a great responsibility. How we achieve our business results is just as important as the achievements themselves. At Lonza, we respect and protect our people and our environment. Any success we achieve is no success at all if not achieved ethically.
People come to Lonza for the challenge and creativity of solving complex problems and developing new ideas in life sciences. In return, we offer the satisfaction that comes with improving lives all around the world. The satisfaction that comes with making a meaningful difference.
Lonza is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a qualified individual with disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.