Information Security & Risk Manager
Today Lonza is a global leader in life sciences. We are more than 15,000 employees in more than 100 locations around the world. While we work in science, there’s no magic formula to how we do it. Our greatest scientific solution is talented people working together, devising ideas that help businesses to help people. In exchange, we let our people own their careers. Their ideas, big and small, genuinely improve the world. And that’s the kind of work we want to be part of.
In this role, you will be responsible for overseeing and supporting the implementation of the corporate-wide information security management program to ensure that information assets are adequately protected. You will be identifying, evaluating and reporting on information security risks in a manner that meets compliance and regulatory requirements, and aligns with and supports the risk posture of the enterprise. You will proactively work with business units to implement practices that meet defined policies and standards for information security. You will also coordinate a variety of IT-related risk and information security management activities.
- Engage Business System Owners providing security best practice knowledge at Senior Level for their systems and projects
- Define and ensure security measures are implemented across various environments, in line with regulatory demands and security best practice. Define, coordinate and track associated remediation actions according to a mutually agreed plan. This requires effective communication across a variety of stakeholders, including senior management
- Contribute to development of policy and control framework, specifically to information risk and information handling
- Take ownership of regional implementation of security good practices
- Co-develop security awareness campaigns and training with global outreach to associates and third parties including business associates, e.g. those tasked with security relevant assignments
- Take the lead on security and technical projects
- Participate in Security Incident Response team when needed
- Strong IT technical skills and experience including: system administration of Microsoft Active Directory, Azure, O/M365 environment. Experience in scripting and software development / web application development in modern languages
- Strong experience of security technologies and processes including: Identity and Access Management, Privileged Access Management, Firewall configuration, SIEM platforms, SOC operations, Microsoft Cloud Security Consoles, Email security technologies, Data Classification, Information Rights Management and Data Loss Prevention
- Ability to automate tasks using appropriate technical tools such as scripting (i.e. Powershell), analytics (i.e. PowerBI), and online workflows (i.e. SharePoint)
- Excellent communication and presentation skills in English, with the demonstrable record of accomplishment of communicating effectively across all levels of business in addition to technical audiences. German language skills are highly desirable. Other European and Asian language skills would be an advantage
- Project management skills: scheduling and resource management Excellent written and verbal communication skills, interpersonal and collaborative skills, and the ability to communicate security and risk-related concepts to technical and nontechnical audiences
- Exhibit excellent analytical skills, the ability to manage and contribute to multiple projects under strict timelines, as well as the ability to work well in a demanding, dynamic environment and meet overall objectives
- Ability to lead and motivate cross-functional, interdisciplinary teams to achieve tactical and strategic goals
Every day, Lonza’s products and services have a positive impact on millions of people. For us, this is not only a great privilege, but also a great responsibility. How we achieve our business results is just as important as the achievements themselves. At Lonza, we respect and protect our people and our environment. Any success we achieve is no success at all if not achieved ethically.
People come to Lonza for the challenge and creativity of solving complex problems and developing new ideas in life sciences. In return, we offer the satisfaction that comes with improving lives all around the world. The satisfaction that comes with making a meaningful difference.