Head Research & Development, Drug Product Services
Today Lonza is a global leader in life sciences. We are more than 15,000 employees in more than 100 locations around the world. While we work in science, there’s no magic formula to how we do it. Our greatest scientific solution is talented people working together, devising ideas that help businesses to help people. In exchange, we let our people own their careers. Their ideas, big and small, genuinely improve the world. And that’s the kind of work we want to be part of.
Lonza DPS (Drug Product Services) focus is on parenteral dosage forms; services include options for monoclonal antibodies, other biologics including novel formats, drug conjugates, peptides and small molecules that require a parenteral dosage form. The Head Research & Development is responsible for the definition of strategy, approach, execution and direction of Research and Technology activities in parenteral drug product including formulation, drug delivery, process technology, manufacturing, analytical methods, primary packaging and devices.
- Represents Lonza parental drug product to internal and external stakeholders (Drug Delivery organizations, academia and other partners)
- Provides technical solutions and delivers Lonza Drug Product to meet external customers' needs for the development and manufacture of innovative and patient-focussed parenteral drug products to establish Lonza as a preferred leading supplier in this field
- Delivers strategic planning and drives execution of projects in collaboration with scientific groups
- Leads strategy definition and creates solutions to develop and expand technical capabilities
- PhD in pharmacy, biochemistry or related field
- Extensive experience in parenteral drug product development and commercialization in biologics formulation, analytical processes and manufacturing, primary packaging and device technologies and patient interfaces
- Proven experience leading, developing and motivating scientific teams
- Demonstrable experience driving complex projects,
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
Every day, Lonza’s products and services have a positive impact on millions of people. For us, this is not only a great privilege, but also a great responsibility. How we achieve our business results is just as important as the achievements themselves. At Lonza, we respect and protect our people and our environment. Any success we achieve is no success at all if not achieved ethically.
People come to Lonza for the challenge and creativity of solving complex problems and developing new ideas in life sciences. In return, we offer the satisfaction that comes with improving lives all around the world. The satisfaction that comes with making a meaningful difference.