Global HR Business Partner, Microbial Control Solutions
Today Lonza is a global leader in life sciences. We are more than 15,000 employees in more than 100 locations around the world. While we work in science, there’s no magic formula to how we do it. Our greatest scientific solution is talented people working together, devising ideas that help businesses to help people. In exchange, we let our people own their careers. Their ideas, big and small, genuinely improve the world. And that’s the kind of work we want to be part of.
We have a new opportunity as Global HR Business Partner for Lonza Specialty Ingredients (LSI) supporting the Microbial Control Solutions (MCS) business unit globally. The Global HR Business Partner is responsible for delivering results orientated people strategies that foster the development of a high performing, values driven, growth oriented global organization within LSI MCS Commercial Operations and Innovation as well as regional lead in EIMEA. For this role, Lonza is looking for a proactive, hands-on, business minded change leader with experience in leading large-scale change initiatives that deliver results.
- Development and direction of a multi-geographical based HR Business Partner Team. Ensures the HRBP team is aligned with overall operational strategies for recruitment, selection, retention, development, labor relations and total rewards.
- Develops and delivers effective people related strategies for the business unit and partners with site HRBPs to ensure alignment and efficient delivery.
- Integrates best practices across all sites and within the business unit, directing the implementation of standardized global HR processes, and leveraging HR metrics that drive action. Influences within a matrix organization to ensure alignment across the business unit
- Measures effectiveness of HR actions, providing leaders with information relating to internal and external labor markets, and leveraging data to drive action.
- Develops a talent pipeline to ensure organization is resources to meet current and future leadership needs.
- Leads projects within the business and HR that drive innovation and process improvements / efficiencies.
- Provides counsel to leaders in all people related matters and ensures highest ethical standards are maintained.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's Degree in Human Resources, Psychology, Business Management (or similar field of study) required. Master's and/or Human Resources certificate/qualification preferred.
- Extensive experience of broad HR experience across multiple areas of specialization and cultures with increasing levels of responsibility.
- Experience delivering impactful solutions to complex business problems in a dynamic and changing environment. Able to drive actions to resolution in a complex matrix organization.
- Extensive knowledge of coaching, leadership development and succession planning with demonstrated success in building talent pools and leadership pipelines.
- Experience working with different cultures and knowledge of international labor laws.
- Ability to exercise good judgment to make decisions without full understanding of all relevant facts in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to foster relationships at all levels and become a trusted advisor to senior leadership.
- Ability to handle confidential and sensitive information with discretion.
Every day, Lonza’s products and services have a positive impact on millions of people. For us, this is not only a great privilege, but also a great responsibility. How we achieve our business results is just as important as the achievements themselves. At Lonza, we respect and protect our people and our environment. Any success we achieve is no success at all if not achieved ethically.
People come to Lonza for the challenge and creativity of solving complex problems and developing new ideas in life sciences. In return, we offer the satisfaction that comes with improving lives all around the world. The satisfaction that comes with making a meaningful difference.