Accounts Receivable Senior Analyst (Cash Applications)
Costa Rica, San Jose
Today Lonza is a global leader in life sciences. We are more than 15,000 employees in more than 100 locations around the world. While we work in science, there’s no magic formula to how we do it. Our greatest scientific solution is talented people working together, devising ideas that help businesses to help people. In exchange, we let our people own their careers. Their ideas, big and small, genuinely improve the world. And that’s the kind of work we want to be part of.
The Accounts Receivable Analyst Senior (Cash App) is responsible for providing effective, efficient financial and administrative operations for all accounts receivable services, managing daily bank receipts and allocation of cash ensuring the level of service to meet company expectations.
- Posting cash of Check, electronic transfer (ACHs, Wires).
- Download bank statement/lockbox information which lists the details of the customer deposits.
- Credit Card payment processing, settlement validation and manual positing.
- Daily payment application is required, accurately and in a timely manner.
- Research and resolve unidentified or unapplied cash. Contacts customers to determine proper payment application, based on the guidelines, service level agreements and key processes indicators.
- Proactively address to internal requests (reversals, reapplications, adjustments).
- Handling of all Cashiering incoming mail (mailboxes) providing high level of customer service when exchanging information.
- Month end closing activities related to the cash application such as: Reconcile Bank and cash clearing accounts, Manual Posting and reconciliation of Intercompany among others
- Making sure not leaving cash entries pending to avoid delays and impacts another departments.
- Manage VERTEX Tax Software on boarding new customers for full/partial tax exemptions
- Handling incoming emails for troubleshooting of Taxes set up
- Portfolio maintenance to ensure Tax certificate`s validation. Contact customers to request the new TEC if required.
- Execute internal controls to be in compliance with data privacy.
- Technical or bachelor degree Business Administration, Accounting and/or any related field.
- English level require is B2
- 2 to 3 year experience within the related position and proven ability posting cash and data, also analysing for reconciling bank and/or customer´s accounts.
- Highly preferred knowlege in ERP (SAP) and intermediate Excel skills (including lookups and pivot tables).
- Experience with Taxes is a nice to have.
People come to Lonza for the challenge and creativity of solving complex problems and developing new ideas in life sciences. In return, we offer the satisfaction that comes with improving lives all around the world. The satisfaction that comes with making a meaningful difference.
Lonza is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a qualified individual with disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.