Associate Director External Reporting & Consolidation
Today Lonza is a global leader in life sciences. We are more than 15,000 employees in more than 100 locations around the world. While we work in science, there’s no magic formula to how we do it. Our greatest scientific solution is talented people working together, devising ideas that help businesses to help people. In exchange, we let our people own their careers. Their ideas, big and small, genuinely improve the world. And that’s the kind of work we want to be part of.
In this critical role in the accounting and reporting of the Group’s financial instruments (debt and derivative financial instruments), the incumbent will drive process improvements and efficiencies while ensuring the integrity of the process and the high quality of data. Additionally, the incumbent will support the general activities of the External Reporting & Consolidation department (preparation of the monthly consolidated financial statements as well as Lonza’s external reporting) and assumes the overall responsibility for the accounting of Head Office legal entities.
- Assumes role of subject matter expert with respect to the IFRS accounting for share-based payments in accordance with IFRS 2 as well as the accounting for financial instruments and is the main contact person for the external auditors on these topics
- Strong business partnering with Corporate / Segment FP&A, Business Unit controlling, Human Resources, Treasury and Group investor relations related to the accounting for share-based payments and financial instrument
- Drives simplification as well as strengthens accounting processes for share- based payments as well as financial instruments
- Supports general activities of the Corporate External Reporting & Consolidation Team, e.g. the preparation of consolidated financial statements on a monthly basis as well the Lonza Group half-year and year-end external financial statements (in accordance with IFRS)
- Provides trainings and guidance to business and finance teams on applying new accounting standards and proper operational accounting processes
- Assumes the overall responsibility for the accounting of three Head Office legal entities, including Lonza Group Ltd, the quoted ultimate parent entity of Lonza Group, which includes the external audit of these entities
- Supervises the transactional activities for the Head Office entities that are handled by Lonza’s business service organization
- Leads Corporate External Reporting & Consolidation projects (e.g. accounting work stream of M&A or financing transactions, implementation of new accounting standards or new consolidation tool) or represents the department in corporate projects
- Expert technical IFRS knowledge and experience
- Very good knowledge of financial consolidation systems (e.g. Hyperion, SAP BPC) and Financial ERP Systems (e.g. SAP/BW)
- Good knowledge of Swiss statutory accounting required
- Extensive experience in share plans and share-based payments
- Experience in managing global project teams in a complex matrix structure
- Strong presentation skills; summarize complex matters in a clear, concise, accurate, and unambiguous way
Every day, Lonza’s products and services have a positive impact on millions of people. For us, this is not only a great privilege, but also a great responsibility. How we achieve our business results is just as important as the achievements themselves. At Lonza, we respect and protect our people and our environment. Any success we achieve is no success at all if not achieved ethically.
People come to Lonza for the challenge and creativity of solving complex problems and developing new ideas in life sciences. In return, we offer the satisfaction that comes with improving lives all around the world. The satisfaction that comes with making a meaningful difference.