United States, Lake Charles (Louisiana)
Today Lonza is a global leader in life sciences. We are more than 15,000 employees in more than 100 locations around the world. While we work in science, there’s no magic formula to how we do it. Our greatest scientific solution is talented people working together, devising ideas that help businesses to help people. In exchange, we let our people own their careers. Their ideas, big and small, genuinely improve the world. And that’s the kind of work we want to be part of.
Lonza Specialty Ingredients (LSI) has an opportunity for a Chemical Operator in our Lake Charles, LA plant. Perform chemical operation tasks such as blending, extracting, drying, distillations, effecting size reductions with capability to perform and become certified in all processes involved in the full product line of the site.
- Responsible for safe and efficient operation of assigned process areas such that all regulatory, health, safety and environmental requirements are satisfied.
- Must acquire a working knowledge of current Good Manufacturing Practices (cGMP) and ISO requirements. Responsible for maintaining cGMP standards of position in daily tasks and operations. Maintenance of data integrity at all times.
- Works daily to insure areas of responsibility are meeting housekeeping standards to avoid hazards.
- Will handle hazardous chemicals and hazardous waste during the normal operation of this position.
- Constantly striving to improve process knowledge, obtain new certifications and maintain existing certifications.
- Informs supervision in a timely manner of conditions which may affect safety, quality, capacity or cause a process equipment hazard.
- Proactively shares ideas or takes action to implement changes that will improve the site and your processes.
- Works cooperatively as an active member of own and cross-functional teams.
- Steps forward and takes personal accountability for outcomes resulting from choice, behaviors or actions.
- May be required to work overtime as needed.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma or Equivalent
- 2 years of experience in manufacturing or related field. Must have basic computer knowledge.
- cGMP experience and prior chemical operator experience is preferred. Experience with SAP a plus
- Looking for driven, hardworking individuals willing to learn. Must be comfortable with working a rotating 12-hour shift.
People come to Lonza for the challenge and creativity of solving complex problems and developing new ideas in life sciences. In return, we offer the satisfaction that comes with improving lives all around the world. The satisfaction that comes with making a meaningful difference.
Lonza is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a qualified individual with disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.