Senior Program Manager
United States, Houston (Texas)
This is a new and exciting opportunity with Lonza due to business expansion and will have primary responsibility for developing and maintaining a successful collaboration with your customers and managing their existing programs / portfolio. Manage local teams with oversight of customer project execution along with responsibility for existing and potential business portfolios.
- Perform detailed review of clients and R&D process and generates, in collaboration with R&D, technology transfer documents
- Secure required resources and capacity commitments and obtain buy-in of all relevant stakeholders
- Maintains project risk assessment and risk mitigation plans
- Directing and motivating multi-disciplinary project teams and holding team members accountable to deliver results within the agreed project governance structure
- Ultimately responsible for ensuring customer satisfaction throughout the life of the project in a shared relationship management with Sales
- Leading project execution after deal closure, serving as a single point of contact and acting as the customer advocate on-site
- Will be responsible for managing project scope, timeliness and budget/profitability
- Controlling project scope and in conjunction with the Proposals Team, prepare amendments and/or scope changes
- Partnering with the Sales/Commercial Development team, provide input into mid and long-term program strategies, executing program relevant section of the Sales & Operations process
- Responsible for accurate revenue forecast (rolling 24 months) and ensuring that revenue for each month is achieved
- Responsible for highlighting operations and business risks and developing plans for mitigating those risks
- Substantial working experience as a Program or Project Manager in the Life Sciences or related industry.
- Extensive Experience in a GMP Regulated, Pharmaceutical, or Environmental industry.
- Bachelor’s Degree in the following fields of study: Biology, Biomedical Engineering, Biotechnology, Chemical Engineering, Chemistry
- MBA Preferred
- Project Management Certification Preferred (PMP)
Every day, Lonza’s products and services have a positive impact on millions of people. For us, this is not only a great privilege, but also a great responsibility. How we achieve our business results is just as important as the achievements themselves. At Lonza, we respect and protect our people and our environment. Any success we achieve is no success at all if not achieved ethically.
People come to Lonza for the challenge and creativity of solving complex problems and developing new ideas in life sciences. In return, we offer the satisfaction that comes with improving lives all around the world. The satisfaction that comes with making a meaningful difference.
Lonza is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a qualified individual with disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.